There's always money in the banana stand

gofuckyourself

23 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Unpopular opinion time: Tobias was by far my least favorite character.

I can see that.  I think David Cross played it like that on purpose.  But yeah, for every unintentionally funny line they wrote him...he also was given a lotta duds.  I think it was kind of an ironic foil that he wants so bad to be a part of a family that everyone else is trying to distance themselves from except when it's convenient.  Also, he has to toe the ambiguous line of "is he gay, is he straight, is he bi-?"  There was a lot going on the character, Cross carried it well, but it didn't land as often as the others for some reason.  

I can never find the clips given the odd google search terms...but the guy George Bluth would hire throughout their childhoods to teach them not to leave the front door open while A/C was on or boat safety?  Can't remember his name but those few cutaway scenes always cracked me up.   

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I can never find the clips given the odd google search terms...but the guy George Bluth would hire throughout their childhoods to teach them not to leave the front door open while A/C was on or boat safety?  Can't remember his name but those few cutaway scenes always cracked me up.   

J. Walter Weatherman

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I can see that.  I think David Cross played it like that on purpose.  But yeah, for every unintentionally funny line they wrote him...he also was given a lotta duds.  I think it was kind of an ironic foil that he wants so bad to be a part of a family that everyone else is trying to distance themselves from except when it's convenient.  Also, he has to toe the ambiguous line of "is he gay, is he straight, is he bi-?"  There was a lot going on the character, Cross carried it well, but it didn't land as often as the others for some reason.  

I can kinda see that too. He was more cartoony than the others, except for maybe Buster. 

Michael: We're brothers. We shouldn't be fighting. We cannot afford to lose each other.

Gob: I can't. I already lost a brother today.

Michael: Franklin?

Gob: Well, I didn't lose him. But he's all puckered and white.

Michael: On the plus side, you can take him to lunch at the club now.

Gob: That's the kind of joke he would have loved!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some of the subtle narrator jokes were my favorites -

Jessie the publicist to George Michael- Daddy lost his shot at happy, and it's all your fault, Opie.

Narrator- Jessie had gone too far and she had best watch her mouth... 

There was also the time they kept getting Anson Williams and Donny Most mixed up and the narrator kept correcting them.

• Haha 1

"You're getting a promotion, Mr. Manager."

"Yay I'm Mr. Manager!"

"It's just manager. And you can hire someone if you need, Mr. Manager."

"Do you think I need one?"

"You tell me, Mr. Manager."

"Right, it's up to me. Mr. Manager."

"We just say manager, ok? It's just manager."

Buster: Actually I'm studying cartography now: the mapping of uncharted territories.

Michael: Sure. Hasn’t everything already sort of been discovered, though by, like, Magellan and Cortés? NASA, you know?

Buster: Oh, yeah, yeah.

Michael: ...all those people.

Buster: Those guys did a pretty good job.

Michael: Right.

Buster: But there’s still. You know...

Lucille: Never hurts to double-check.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes!  I got to use a line during a phonological awareness training I was doing on Thursday.  Well, it was funny in my head at least.

Facilitator:  Ok.  Say the word "bees".

Me: Beads!?  

Lady at my table:  Bees!

Me: Bees?  How hard can it be?  Bzzzzz.

The entire room:  *Stares at me like I'm insane.*

• Hook 'Em 1