NFC Championship: 49ers @ Eagles - 2pm CST FOX

Tailgate

Game reminded me of UT / Bama NC. Colt laid out on cray hit in quarter one. Bad luck. It sucks for the clubs I’ve been sporting colors for since crawling as a toddler 

Losing sucks. Ok. It’s football.

That shit up thread about SF and gay..

I might have just crested 50 but I will fight you with some silver strand Cold War shit your dad warned you about  

Surly is a great board. You hate the Niners? cool. You hate the gays? You suck  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Philly is going to get brutalized in two weeks. Either by a dominant bengals d-line or a possibly no-longer hobbled Mahomes. It’ll be an ugly super bowl

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I think either AFC team beats them in the Super Bowl by 10 atleast. 

How much do either/both of you want to bet? I take Philly +10….

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think it’s mainly Dallas fans trying to say that their 3rd place means more than it does. 

Gifted a TD by the officials. Gifted a TD by a 4th QB who couldn’t catch a snap. Half of one quarter with their 3rd QB. A quarter and a half with their 4th (probably scout team this week) QB. Pretty much the rest of the game with a QB who can’t throw. 

The 49ers earned their way there and the Eagles beat them — crappy calls and injuries happen, however much they shift the game — but there wasn’t much there that made them look like worldbeaters. Maybe they show up super strong in two weeks, but if I were an Eagle fan I’d be feeling like I did as a Texas fan when they couldn’t run the ball on UNT, even in a relatively comfortable win. It signals potential trouble. 

10 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Gifted a TD by the officials. Gifted a TD by a 4th QB who couldn’t catch a snap. Half of one quarter with their 3rd QB. A quarter and a half with their 4th (probably scout team this week) QB. Pretty much the rest of the game with a QB who can’t throw. 

The 49ers earned their way there and the Eagles beat them — crappy calls and injuries happen, however much they shift the game — but there wasn’t much there that made them look like worldbeaters. Maybe they show up super strong in two weeks, but if I were an Eagle fan I’d be feeling like I did as a Texas fan when they couldn’t run the ball on UNT, even in a relatively comfortable win. It signals potential trouble. 

Next level denialism here. Sorry mid-career Montana and Young weren't available. And the Eagles were smart enough to get a play off before the Niners - who earned their way there - could challenge an obviously huge play. Otherwise surely the troubled Eagles (16-1 with Hurts, 6-0 against playoff teams with Hurts) would have been EXPOSED

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, hookemATL said:

Purdy done?  What a pussycunt  

On 1/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Purdy is such a dramatic little bitch. Playing this up for the drama because he knows he's going to be exposed out there and the shine is going to come off fast. So needs this in his back pocket for an excuse.

Good call, guys.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/29/2023 at 5:22 PM, LTtxfan said:

Elbow injuries are not necessarily easy to come back from.  Shanahan protected him as much as he could -- Purdy still has a lot to prove over a full NFL season

Brock Purdy suffered a torn UCL in his elbow...  never know how well recovery will go for a QB with this injury to his throwing arm.

Edited by LTtxfan

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Brock Purdy suffered a torn UCL in his elbow...  never know how well recovery will go for a QB with this injury to his throwing arm.

Are there historical examples? It’s a rare injury in the NFL but why is it so different than a pitcher? 

17 hours ago, DougO said:

Niners qb situation is even more completely borked for the start 2023. But they'll probably plug in some spare and he'll take them back to the playoffs. 

If they signed Brady it would be hard to bet against them winning it all next year but with his kids in school in Miami that’s highly doubtful.  

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

If they signed Brady it would be hard to bet against them winning it all next year but with his kids in school in Miami that’s highly doubtful.  

Hasn’t he lived across the country from his oldest his whole life? His family has always been secondary to football. 

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Hasn’t he lived across the country from his oldest his whole life? His family has always been secondary to football. 

No the oldest lives in New York.  It might be different with the ones who have lived with him his whole life.  I mean hasn’t family been secondary to any committed NFL player, coach or anyone with a successful career to a point?  I think we judge him differently because his wife wanted him to retire publicly, she was also vacationing with her karate teacher right after the divorce.  Him continuing to play was just one of many reasons they got divorced probably.