You know how you know you’re not cool anymore?

closetohumping

On 2/4/2023 at 9:42 AM, YGIFS said:

I think Blazing Saddles is almost so campy and obvious in its satire, you could pull it off.  It's got a Jordan Peele-esque element to it with Mel Brooks being just slightly less black than Peele.  Plus there was a social lesson in Blazzing Saddles that Mel and the cast was trying to get across.  

Animal House had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  The drunks, date rapists, cheaters, and thieves all get away with everything and go on to live charmed lives because they're white.  Everybody else, from women, to men in uniform, et. al.  They all get fucked over in the end.  There's no moral at all.  Which is fine, it was a comedy, and I love it to this day.  But at least Blazing Saddles has this wink and a nod to the audience via Gene Wilder that the stupid people see degrees of losing as still winning.  And in the end, some of them even come together to save Rock Ridge.  

I dunno, this is how I know I'm not cool.  i socially dissect movies instead of getting stoned and rewatching them.  I need to find a source for legal gummies.  I can't smoke and of course in Texas, a handful of THC gummy bears will kill me.  I have a guy on retainer who can have people gaslit, followed, credit destroyed, estranged from their families, framed for white collar crimes, etc.  But he told me he can't get me THC edibles because the heat on that shit is too strong right now in Texas.  That's how not cool I am.

Go over to the "High" thread and read up on the Delta-9 gummies available widely in the State. Including by mail. "Hometown Hero" seems to be a popular distributor, and is veteran owned and proud of it, as required in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/4/2023 at 11:05 AM, honolulu horn said:

Anyone interested in Aerial America might like the slow tv phenomenon from Norway. They show hours and hours of footage of stuff happening really slowly -- fishing, knitting, whatever. The best is the 7 hour train ride from Bergen to Oslo -- camera at the front of the engine just records a regular day's journey across southwestern Norway. It's great to have on the second screen as you're working. "I started my workday in Bergen, and I'm ending in Oslo."

Yes, I'm uncool. 

Took that train this summer, except went Oslo to Bergen.

There is a bike tour you can take from the high point in the mountains, spend the night somewhere on the way down, take a couple of ferries, and walk, your in Bergen.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 4:33 PM, freyguy said:

I was head banging to Whitesnake "Still of the Night" in HEB the other day. I don't know what that makes me...

I was about to check out the other day and I heard Poco's "Call it Love" come on.   So I just walked aimlessly up and down an aisle so I got to hear the whole thing.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Prototypes of what would eventually become a (once) new invention called "candles."

I wanted to get some of these candles…

D8561BF5-8616-43EA-A0FD-76F083A6668C.jpeg

11AEFE2A-4FE5-4E68-92D9-01F3943C1E1E.jpeg

She threatened to get some of these…

29D9153D-4623-4EFF-913C-B38FC8447A7D.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

14 hours ago, CHIEF said:

I wear these, I have three pair (two gray, one black) because I simply refuse to bend over and tie my shoes anymore. Other than tying my dress shoes up for funerals, I haven't tied shoes in probably 3-4 years:

image.thumb.png.ed0706ff1386af9be051d763957d6e09.png

CHIEF

I wear these stylish orthopedic Dr Comfort shoes. Free from the VA and suitable for any occasion you need to actually walk more than 10 feet.

William X Black8

On 2/7/2023 at 7:14 AM, BurdineBandit said:

Go over to the "High" thread and read up on the Delta-9 gummies available widely in the State. Including by mail. "Hometown Hero" seems to be a popular distributor, and is veteran owned and proud of it, as required in Texas.

So many people are getting high now it’s no longer cool

The opposite happened to me. I never thought much of myself going through jr high and high school due to the neverending psychological torment and bullying by my biological father.

20 years after graduation I run into a guy from my class and hes all, Holy shit! It's MIA the fucking legend!

I'm like wuuut?

Anyway we have some beers and he's going on and on about all the crazy shit I did, and the parties me and my friends threw. 

Helped alot in my recovery from all that abuse.

These days I proudly wear crocs and cargo shorts with my oversized sun hat.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The opposite happened to me. I never thought much of myself going through jr high and high school due to the neverending psychological torment and bullying by my biological father.

20 years after graduation I run into a guy from my class and hes all, Holy shit! It's MIA the fucking legend!

I'm like wuuut?

Anyway we have some beers and he's going on and on about all the crazy shit I did, and the parties me and my friends threw. 

Helped alot in my recovery from all that abuse.

These days I proudly wear crocs and cargo shorts with my oversized sun hat.

All the kool kids at my high school became grandparents before 40.

On 3/12/2023 at 1:27 PM, nnm said:

Just remember, this short, dumpy, dorky dude had about a 10-year run as the absolute uncontested epitome of coolness in the USA:

1943_v9_bb.jpg?w=270&h=360

The older I get the more I look like this guy.  7 year old me wanted to be the Fonz. Be careful what you wish for kids!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Still pretty cool, and funny as hell. Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, Barry etc.

He’s funny, very funny, but I wouldn’t say cool. His schtick now is extremely nerdy and somewhat inept, which really works. And really causes me to question how in the hell he could’ve been the coolest dude in America for quite some time.