AFC Championship: Bengals @ Chiefs - 5:30 CST CBS

Tailgate

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Where the fuck did this “Mahomes doesn’t get respect” shit start? Every single talking head slurps this guy like he’s Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth and Wayne Gretzky rolled into one. 

The fuckers who say Lamar Jackson is the real MVP.

Every. fucking. season.

It's hilarious, but they keep talkin...

Just now, Helobious said:

Why should the rules change at the end of the game?

Because players need to decide it themselves. Not a ref making a borderline call on something that's soft. 

It ruins what should have been a great finish. Now you just say the refs handed KC the game on a borderline technicality penalty call. It's soft and weak.

I'm cool with KC winning i just wanted it to be legit not getting bailed out on a penalty call like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Wow, as shitty as that first game was this was a fantastic game. Ossai is going to have a terrible off-season. That was a brutal penalty. I thought he ripped up his right knee on that play. It looked yucky. That was just a terrific game. If KC can get healthy that should be a fun Super Bowl.

It’s kind of nice to not have any rooting interest when watching the conference championship games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That was close enough that I would not have called that. He would have had to pile drive him out of bounds for me as a ref to decide the conference title game on a technicality penalty like late hit. 

Mahomes makes a hard fall on that. No way that was going to be a soft call. Sucks for Ossai but he’s a professional and needs to be aware.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Refball the whole way nice rig job

9 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Foot was still in bounds doe 

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Flopped pretty nice too 

What a boofer

Lol. It’s amazing how we see what we want to see. It was as blatant a late hit as it gets and there was no flopping. Ossai is capable of both having a great game and making us proud and also losing the game for his team on a terrible decision. That was bad bad bad. 

Lol. It’s amazing how we see what we want to see. It was as blatant a late hit as it gets and there was no flopping. Ossai is capable of both having a great game and making us proud and also losing the game for his team on a terrible decision. That was bad bad bad. 

He initiated before Mahomes went out of bounds on a do-die play, but the follow through doomed him.

Can’t blame the guy, but the result sucks, especially if he fucked himself up in the process.

Thoughts with Ossai tonight - Hope he’s got a good support structure and was glad to see his one teammate there with him… should have been more, but he’s a youngin
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That was close enough that I would not have called that. He would have had to pile drive him out of bounds for me as a ref to decide the conference title game on a technicality penalty like late hit. 

Name checks out. Ossai simply lapsed back into Mensa coaching to screw up an awesome game by him. I blame Mensa. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Why?

Lots of reasons. Andy Reid plays his old team. Mahomes is the next Brady. Kelce brothers in the super bowl. Mahomes is a much bigger draw than boring Joe Burrow. Plenty of reasons. I dont think it was rigged. But the refs gave the Chiefs a huge margin for error while they gave the Bengals no wiggle room at all. 

• Like 2

Lots of reasons. Andy Reid plays his old team. Mahomes is the next Brady. Kelce brothers in the super bowl. Mahomes is a much bigger draw than boring Joe Burrow. Plenty of reasons. I dont think it was rigged. But the refs gave the Chiefs a huge margin for error while they gave the Bengals no wiggle room at all. 

You contradicted yourself

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I mean it sucks and was a mistake not sure it was some braindead stupid mistake.  You got the QB down the sideline, at the first down marker.  It's 3rd down and if you can force him out short of the line to gain you force the long FG right there.  Bang bang and he chose poorly.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a first down or ends up with a fourth down. There is not enough time on the clock to run other play to get more yards. It’s the equivalent of a last second inbounds pass in basketball and not fouling the player trying a desperation shot. It was a dumb mistake from a player that was playing lights out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yeah, I don't buy that for a second. There is no reason for the league to favor KC over Cincinnati.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1