AFC Championship: Bengals @ Chiefs - 5:30 CST CBS

Tailgate

Just now, hookem48 said:

so Chris Jones lands with all his body weight on top of Burrow twice the last drive and no penalty. lol NFL wanted Mahomes in the super bowl

Yeah. Joe Burrow would have destroyed the easy narrative.

9 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

He initiated before Mahomes went out of bounds on a do-die play, but the follow through doomed him.

Can’t blame the guy, but the result sucks, especially if he fucked himself up in the process.

Thoughts with Ossai tonight - Hope he’s got a good support structure and was glad to see his one teammate there with him… should have been more, but he’s a youngin

I doubt very seriously it was malicious and am sure he got lost as to where they were on the field. But you have to know when you get your hands on him he’s going OOB. When he pushed him, Mahomes had progressed 2 more steps OOB. It was beyond stupid of Ossai. 

i thought Cincy had a better matchup vs. Philly but HFA is king in the NFL playoffs. Mahomes is too banged up and that's going to catch up to them. Plus Philly is a machine right now.
A machine? They limped into the playoffs but got fortunate to play Daniel Jones and Josh Johnson, who also got hurt. Let's see how they play against a team who can actually run an offense.
  • Like 2

KC got the breaks and some lucky calls.  Also, there’s no wide ranging conspiracy to get Mahomes in over Burrow.  Both of those can be true.  

The league loves them both.  
The league loves Mahomes wayyy more. Also, league loves storylines. What's better than Andy Reid vs his former team in the Super Bowl. Kelce brothers facing off.

Burrow got nailed well after a pass in the end zone right in front of the ref for no call. Yet the refs did everything possible to keep extending the drives for KC in the 4th. This was 2015 Oklahoma St bad.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

No in that situation you don't call any of that holding. You let the grown men who are the best in the world at what they do fight it out. Just like you don't call a borderline late hit call either. 

I feel in every game whether preseason or the super bowl only egregious things should be called. The refs should be there to move the game along and keep shit from getting out of hand. They make themselves a part of the story all the damn time and it should never happen. 

Then they go and miss egregious shit that should be called like the Saints receiver who got tackled in the NFC title game a few years ago. Their jobs need to be simplified. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:
i thought Cincy had a better matchup vs. Philly but HFA is king in the NFL playoffs. Mahomes is too banged up and that's going to catch up to them. Plus Philly is a machine right now.

A machine? They limped into the playoffs but got fortunate to play Daniel Jones and Josh Johnson, who also got hurt. Let's see how they play against a team who can actually run an offense.

Philly D is legit, play smart and don't give up big plays. Philly OL creating some tasty gaps for their RBs who are not great but the OL makes them look so good.  If they had Bijan, our guy would get Derrick Henry type numbers.  This is a no name machine and Hurts is a very good leader.   KC isn't winning this game but who knows. 

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I agree, it was a bang bang play, but in todays nfl the qb is near untouchable 

There was play early in the game where Chris Jones had a free run at Burrow (who was trapped with the ball) after beating the guard and just bear hugged him for like 2 seconds until the ref blew the whistle. Even 10 years ago he would have blown him up. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

The league loves Mahomes wayyy more. Also, league loves storylines. What's better than Andy Reid vs his former team in the Super Bowl. Kelce brothers facing off.

Burrow got nailed well after a pass in the end zone right in front of the ref for no call. Yet the refs did everything possible to keep extending the drives for KC in the 4th. This was 2015 Oklahoma St bad.

Lol.  No way it’s that bad.  A gimpy Mahomes vs Burrow?  I’d guess the league wants Burrow.  How can you say they love one way more than the other?  Joe Cool BS is all over the god damn place.  

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

That makes no sense when the other QB is *checks notes* Joe Burrow.

I don't think there is some Pat over Joe conspiracy, but this isn't the point to make.  At least until Burrow has won a Super Bowl and 1 out of every 3 commercial breaks has a national Joe Burrow ad placement in it.  

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

You went full retard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  No way it’s that bad.  A gimpy Mahomes vs Burrow?  I’d guess the league wants Burrow.  How can you say they love one way more than the other?  Joe Cool BS is all over the god damn place.  

Show us on the Sooner doll where Joe Burrow touched you

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Show us on the Sooner doll where Joe Burrow touched you

I like Burrow and Mahomes.  It’s just crazy saying the league loves one way more than the other - enough to fix a game.  They’re the top 2 with Allen barely behind them as far as who the league pimps hardest.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Jesus Christ. I’ll never understand conspiracy theories. Anyone that believes this game was rigged or the NFL wanted one small market team over another is nuts. 

Just now, TexArcher said:

Dude, half the people on this site are Cowboys fans who think the league has conspired to keep one of its most popular teams from getting past the divisional round for almost 30 years.  Logic ain't gonna work here.

Cowboys fan here. Anyone who bitches about officiating culpability in the Cowboys drought is insane. 

It doesn’t matter if it’s a first down or ends up with a fourth down. There is not enough time on the clock to run other play to get more yards. It’s the equivalent of a last second inbounds pass in basketball and not fouling the player trying a desperation shot. It was a dumb mistake from a player that was playing lights out.

8 seconds is enough time to run a play. There’s risk, but there is time.

KC is the better team overall. If Mahomes was 90 percent they probably win fairly comfortably. Damn good game as it stood, and added to the drama. Joe will have them back next year with more help on OL and D.

Two Texas product quarterbacks in the Superbowl.

Flush the fecals.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I like Burrow and Mahomes.  It’s just crazy saying the league loves one way more than the other - enough to fix a game.  They’re the top 2 with Allen barely behind them as far as who the league pimps hardest.  

Oh I agree with all of that. They ain't fixing a game over those two QBs.

That said I do not think Joe is at Pat's level "culturally"....at least not yet.  He's on ESPN a lot, sports media has him monikered as Joe Cool seen smoking cigars after games, and all that jazz.  PM on the other hand is becoming one of the most seen "faces" of the league in advertising, product endorsements, etc AND he is constantly talked about on ESPN, sports media, etc etc.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This is weird... 

I didn't realize there were this many Cincinnati Bengals / Jor Burrow fans on this site.

I thought Burrow and Ossai played excellently. They both made base plays to end the game.  Burrow's grounding was a bad mental mistake,  as was Ossai's PF, just at different times. Both in crunch time.

#35 for the Chiefs was terrible in coverage all first half and into the 2nd half. I believe he got benched and the Chiefs defense got better.

Jones was amazing.

Kelce is a madman.

Refs were struggling, whether intentional or not. Get them brain warmers next time.

Good game.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Dude, half the people on this site are Cowboys fans who think the league has conspired to keep one of its most popular teams from getting past the divisional round for almost 30 years.  Logic ain't gonna work here.

If I stayed a hardcore Dallas fan all these years, my brain would be broken too.  It’s sad shit.  And to be fair, I think most Dallas fans, rightly, blame Jerry’s ass more than the league.  Hate that bastard.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

What national ads is Joe Burrow doing that get played so much you're sick of them? 

But by that rationale Dak should get all the calls too. 

I don't think it was a conspiracy I just think the refs tried to do too much in the 4th, made the game about them, and ruined the finish. They performed very poorly

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

8 seconds is enough time to run a play. There’s risk, but there is time.

But not enough to too get the FG unit on and execute a kick unless you're TCU.

KC was out of timeouts. Anything other than a play OOB ends the game.

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hell no

Don’t be sure sooner. Did you watch the replay? You don’t kick it that much harder than you need to…. Good is good but it looked for at least another ten. Maybe more. Unknowable if he really had to kick it further. Harder sure. But not knowable.