AFC Championship: Bengals @ Chiefs - 5:30 CST CBS

Tailgate

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

What national ads is Joe Burrow doing that get played so much you're sick of them? 

But by that rationale Dak should get all the calls too. 

I don't think it was a conspiracy I just think the refs tried to do too much in the 4th, made the game about them, and ruined the finish. They performed very poorly

I mean the league and the announcers when I say ‘NFL’.  You know the league doesn’t put people in ads for the most part - it’s what we companies.  Give Mahomes agent some credit - also you may not wanna hear it but Mahomes whole biracial thing is great to market.  But again, I don’t consider the marketing hype a push by the NFL.  Announcers etc seem to like Burrow and Mahomes about as much as they could like anyone.  Max love affair.  

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 minutes ago, Slacks said:
But not enough to too get the FG unit on and execute a kick unless you're TCU.
KC was out of timeouts. Anything other than a play OOB ends the game.

Had KC not gotten oob, a magical yellow piece of laundry would have appeared.

You put beans in your chili, don’t you?

Edited by Uncle Nate

7 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

Don’t be sure sooner. Did you watch the replay? You don’t kick it that much harder than you need to…. Good is good but it looked for at least another ten. Maybe more. Unknowable if he really had to kick it further. Harder sure. But not knowable. 

I mean the actual kick as we saw it.  He said would ‘that kick have been good’.  Did you see the post I quoted?  
Also the announcers said several times in that wind 50-52 was max they even tried.  

‘Don’t be a Sooner’ is how I read your post too.  Lol.  I’m like ‘I’m really trying here but it’s a bitch’.

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1

But not enough to too get the FG unit on and execute a kick unless you're TCU.
KC was out of timeouts. Anything other than a play OOB ends the game.

Right. Unless a major brain fart, they weren’t going to the middle of the field. They might have gotten 5-7 yards or nothing at all. I’m pretty confident they run another play because they wouldn’t want to time on the clock with the ball near midfield after a missed FG.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I mean the actual kick as we saw it.  He said would ‘that kick have been good’.  Did you see the post I quoted?  
Also the announcers said several times in that wind 50-52 was max they even tried.   Don’t be a Sooner.  Lol.  

Doc. I know you’re really smart. Really I do.  But did you just use “announcers” as a source? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Do you include being without 4 of your top 6 WRs and two starting defenders going out breaks?

If you want to turn bad officiating breaks into injury breaks, the Bengals were playing without half their starting OL and had other players out.

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I mean the league and the announcers when I say ‘NFL’.  You know the league doesn’t put people in ads for the most part - it’s what we companies.  Give Mahomes agent some credit - also you may not wanna hear it but Mahomes whole biracial thing is great to market.  But again, I don’t consider the marketing hype a push by the NFL.  Announcers etc seem to like Burrow and Mahomes about as much as they could like anyone.  Max love affair.  

Of course the NFL doesn't get Mahomes ad deals but they know who their star players are by who gets the biggest ad deals. The NFL is a marketing machine so they know damn well who their most marketable teams and players happen to be at any given moment. And right now Mahomes is a bigger draw than Burrow. But of course the Dallas Cowboys are the biggest draw in all of American sports and the NFL doesn't shoe horn them in with 4th quarter ref hatchet jobs so I don't think they did this one either. This was just bad officiating by refs who overstepped their responsibilities and put out a poor performance. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

Doc. I know you’re really smart. Really I do.  But did you just use “announcers” as a source? 

Im drinking (mea Culpa) and whatever we call tards like Joe Buck is what I meant…they love them some Burrow and Mahomes.  And I’m definitely not really smart lol.  

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Of course the NFL doesn't get Mahomes ad deals but they know who their star players are by who gets the biggest ad deals. The NFL is a marketing machine so they know damn well who their most marketable teams and players happen to be at any given moment. And right now Mahomes is a bigger draw than Burrow. But of course the Dallas Cowboys are the biggest draw in all of American sports and the NFL doesn't shoe horn them in with 4th quarter ref hatchet jobs so I don't think they did this one either. This was just bad officiating by refs who overstepped their responsibilities and put out a poor performance. 

That’s fair.  I am just saying I don’t see it being a conspiracy and both of these dudes are crazy marketable.  And dumbass Baker got a bunch of deals supposedly with a really crafty agent.  I wouldn’t guess that moron was that marketable.  

• Like 1

Baker had a few big national commercials for a bit but you notice once he started sucking horribly they all disappeared. He would be a majorly marketed player right now if he didn't flame out. 

The Cowboys keep their marketing push and place because they bring the biggest fan base in the country by far. And they get the most haters watching their games of any team in the league. So they stay on top even though in 3 years there will be half of all Super Bowls played since the last time they were in one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Im drinking (mea Culpa) and whatever we call tards like Joe Buck is what I meant…they love them some Burrow and Mahomes.  And I’m definitely not really smart lol.  

That’s ok. I got a Ph. D from an ad in the back pages of Rolling Stone in the 70s. Easy peasy. But nobody calls me Doc 😔

• Haha 1

If you want to turn bad officiating breaks into injury breaks, the Bengals were playing without half their starting OL and had other players out.

In game injuries are more difficult to overcome than those that were known in pregame prep. 3 Olinemen is tough, but it was fine against the Bills.

The Chiefs had a TD taken off the board due to penalty and a pick taken away due to interference. If that interference is overlooked, it’s probably game over right there.

It was grounding on Burrow, and they ignored another one earlier. It was a late hit on Ossai. If anybody thinks there were no non-calls on Cincy, they are full of it. On the killed 3rd down, that just bad luck, but the clock was jacked so the ref blew it dead. By the way, they didn’t score so it’s not like that was a massive misfire.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The notion that  Roger “Clown Nose” Goodell could successfully mastermind a shadowy game fixing conspiracy is fucking hilarious.

Also always get a kick out of these theories that presuppose some nebulous, trivial financial gain is worth the astronomical risk of an international PR nightmare and long lasting damage to the brand - to a company that makes $17 billion per year.

• Haha 3

KC lost Mahomes last week, and the back-up took them 98 yards for a decisive TD.

SF lost Purdy and put in a Bougar-munching nitwit who had no chance.  He should not be a flag football QB.  And yet, he had been the QB 2 since Thanksgiving.  There are decent QBs out there.   Terrible roster management by SF, Lynch and Shanahan.

5 minutes ago, withinyourreach said:

KC lost Mahomes last week, and the back-up took them 98 yards for a decisive TD.

SF lost Purdy and put in a Bougar-munching nitwit who had no chance.  He should not be a flag football QB.  And yet, he had been the QB 2 since Thanksgiving.  There are decent QBs out there.   Terrible roster management by SF, Lynch and Shanahan.

Yeah cause San Francisco definitely prepared to lose their 3 top QBs lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

In game injuries are more difficult to overcome than those that were known in pregame prep. 3 Olinemen is tough, but it was fine against the Bills.

The Chiefs had a TD taken off the board due to penalty and a pick taken away due to interference. If that interference is overlooked, it’s probably game over right there.

It was grounding on Burrow, and they ignored another one earlier. It was a late hit on Ossai. If anybody thinks there were no non-calls on Cincy, they are full of it. On the killed 3rd down, that just bad luck, but the clock was jacked so the ref blew it dead. By the way, they didn’t score so it’s not like that was a massive misfire.

Those two Chiefs penalties were obvious and called correctly.  On the last drive alone, the Chiefs benefited from two blatant block-in-the-backs on the long return, then two obvious holds on the last play.  For a crew that repeatedly called holding on the Bengals line, that's inexcusable to miss.  And there were other non-calls on KC, like a late hit on Burrow, etc.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

That shit on Hendrickson had no impact on the play, happens often if that s the one you are referring to. If you are talking about Burrow looking for the bump in the end zone, it’s not a penalty.

And I just watched the intentional grounding again. Anyone acting as though that was roughing should just quit watching.

And the supposed block in the back on the punt return. Is it #47? The guy with his arms up and stops? Since the refs don’t stand in the middle of the field on punts, that’s never going to appear as a block in the back.

That’s all day, every day stuff.

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Do people really think the NFL would jeopardize a 17 billion dollar industry by instructing part time refs to rig the game in order to improve ratings for the networks that have already paid them money to broadcast the game?

Not really, no.

But apparently, yes, many.

Edited by Augustus

39 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Do people really think the NFL would jeopardize a 17 billion dollar industry by instructing part time refs to rig the game in order to improve ratings for the networks that have already paid them money to broadcast the game?

They've covered up concussion studies, rape/sexual harassment allegations from their own worst owner, helped their golden boy, closet case QB lie about his vaccination status, etc. Yeah, telling the refs to take it easy on the Chiefs would be a bridge too far.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Or these refs are like most refs and just bad at their jobs?

They missed the obvious holding on that run OOB by Mahomes, but refs tend to miss a lot of holds.  They also let a lot slide because if we were calling every hold the games would take two weeks to finish.  

And I love Ossai to death, but he hit Mahomes when he was already going OOB.  Easy call there.    

Cincy has zero run game.  Their O-line stinks.  And Burrow had some throws get tipped and picked.  That's what decided the game.  Not the refs.

And the dude crying about Ossai's hit while walking into the locker room is a bitch who got steam-rolled by Pachenco.  Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.  Cincy had their chances and choked.  End of story.

7 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Jeopardize?

Did you miss the memo that large corporations aren't held to account for anything anymore?

I do not think it is rigged. But the officiating can be bad and heavily favors one team or dictates the outcome of a game.

That’s good stuff right there. The only screw up in that is the 3rd down, and that probably wasn’t the refs fault.

We do need some QB/Punter flopping rules in place though.

Meh the refs didn’t call a holding penalty on Dallas opponents for like 10 weeks straight.   The nfl is a joke and mostly unwatchable the only reason I’ll turn the Super Bowl on is because I bought squares and I need to bitch and complain that I fucking drew a 1 and a 5 as my numbers probably 

• Hook 'Em 1

coming from someone who was mostly interested in a good game, the litmus test for me is that when I saw a flag in the fourth quarter, I immediately knew the flag was against Cincy.  Especially after the ridiculous play 3rd down again until KC gets a 1st down thing.  

Was this as bad as 2015 Okstate?  Probably not quite, but when you know a flag is coming against one team, it makes the viewing experience, well, less than stellar. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

coming from someone who was mostly interested in a good game, the litmus test for me is that when I saw a flag in the fourth quarter, I immediately knew the flag was against Cincy.  Especially after the ridiculous play 3rd down again until KC gets a 1st down thing.  

Was this as bad as 2015 Okstate?  Probably not quite, but when you know a flag is coming against one team, it makes the viewing experience, well, less than stellar. 

OSU was infuriating.  This just made you shake your head.  The point about every flag late in the game going against Cincy was laughable.  Each play just kept propping them up and in the game the later it went