Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

4th&Five

I can’t ever root for Philly. I liked the Bengals (my main backup team) but I’m cool going all in on KC. Even when VY was briefly with the Eagles I still couldn’t root for them…just rooted for VY. Hope Mahomes heals up before the SB. Hoping for a great game. Tonite’s game was great.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I've never negged anyone that I remember, but I really want to for fucking quoting RG3

Quick look at your reputation activity shows you’ve given out 4 negs. You should feel bad for being a liar.

Chiefs by 2 scores in an ugly low scoring game. Hurts is fucking terrible and one of the worst passing QBs in the league. They have a nasty defense though that will make it interesting.

• Like 1

Let's see...  They're both great offenses.  Philly's defense is also great while the Chiefs' defense is average.  The Eagles are significantly better in turnover margin and penalty yards per game.  The Chiefs' star QB is likely to still be hobbled.  And the Eagles just mauled a better team than the Chiefs.  And a high percentage of Super Bowls get ugly...

So, Eagles by 21+...

Edited by TexArcher

Let's see...  They're both great offenses.  Philly's defense is also great while the Chiefs' defense is average.  The Eagles are significantly better in turnover margin and penalty yards per game.  The Chiefs' star QB is likely to still be hobbled.  And the Eagles just mauled a better team than the Chiefs.  And a high percentage of Super Bowls get ugly...
So, Eagles by 21+...

I mean…josh Johnson isn’t exactly going to win you any conference titles.

That said eagles are rollin. Should be a hell of a match up.

Go KC

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

So, Eagles by 21+...

The Niners aren't better than the Chiefs. The Chiefs ripped them apart when they played this year.

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Niners aren't better than the Chiefs. The Chiefs ripped them apart when they played this year.

Total offense:  KC 1st, Philly 3rd, SF 5th.  

PPG:  KC 1st, Philly 2nd, SF 6th.  

Total defense:  Philly 1st, SF 2nd, KC 10th.

PPG allowed: SF 1st, Philly 4th, KC 15th.

Turnover margin:  SF 1st, Philly 2nd, KC 13th.

Penalty yards:  Philly 6th, SF 12th, KC 21st.

So, yeah, San Franscisco is statistically a better football team than Kansas City.  So is Philly.  And yeah, SF had garbage at QB yesterday, but that doesn't change the fact that the Eagles just scored 31 on a much better defense than Kansas City will bring to the Super Bowl.  And Kansas City's offense, which is great, isn't exactly at full strength when its best player is hobbled.  So, yeah, Philly figures to win this.  Will they?  Hell, I don't know.  The Giants shouldn't have beaten the undefeated Patriots, Villanova shouldn't have beaten Georgetown, and Buster Douglas shouldn't have beaten Mike Tyson.  And that's why we watch.

But pointing to one game as evidence that Team A is better than Team B doesn't really work.

Edited by TexArcher
Also, I don't really care who wins this thing. But it feels like there are an awful lot of Cowboys fans on here who don't want the Eagles to be the better the team and the favorite, but that's what they are.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Total offense:  KC 1st, Philly 3rd, SF 5th.  

PPG:  KC 1st, Philly 2nd, SF 6th.  

Total defense:  Philly 1st, SF 2nd, KC 10th.

PPG allowed: SF 1st, Philly 4th, KC 15th.

Turnover margin:  SF 1st, Philly 2nd, KC 13th.

Penalty yards:  Philly 6th, SF 12th, KC 21st.

So, yeah, San Franscisco is statistically a better football team than Kansas City.  So is Philly.  And yeah, SF had garbage at QB yesterday, but that doesn't change the fact that the Eagles just scored 31 on a much better defense than Kansas City will bring to the Super Bowl.  And Kansas City's offense, which is great, isn't exactly at full strength when its best player is hobbled.  So, yeah, Philly figures to win this.  Will they?  Hell, I don't know.  The Giants shouldn't have beaten the undefeated Patriots, Villanova shouldn't have beaten Georgetown, and Buster Douglas shouldn't have beaten Mike Tyson.  And that's why we watch.

But pointing to one game as evidence that Team A is better than Team B doesn't really work.

It doesn't get any clearer than head-to-head. And the Eagles blew out a team that literally didn't have a QB. I'll go ahead and bet on Mahomes, thanks.

Edited by Pam Cummings

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It doesn't get any clearer than head-to-head. 

The Chiefs lost to the Bengals in the regular season, so clearly the Bengals are the better team and they'll win the playoff matchup, too...

Again, I don't care who wins.  But acting like one regular season game settles the matter is kinda ridiculous.

Edited by TexArcher

So, Eagles by 21+...
You think a Josh Johnson led team was better than the Chiefs?

Even in Philly, Hurts doubters were everywhere at the start of the season. They gradually got on board and by mid-year it was obvious he's legit among the top tier of QBs (if you admit that QBs are allowed to run and that should be considered when ranking them). He has improved every year and his teammates love playing with him.

I think Philly wins by 2 TDs. I don't see Mahomes and Co. faring too well against the Eagles' defense - the Eagles' D-line is better than TB's who absolutely owned KC. Philly has the best pass rush in the NFL. I think KC has issues moving the ball ala Super Bowl LV. 
Agreed.

Heck KC had issues yesterday moving the ball.

Interested to see how the KC defense deals with the run game. I expect to see lots of Mahomes standing on the sideline.

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

Quick look at your reputation activity shows you’ve given out 4 negs. You should feel bad for being a liar.

Chiefs by 2 scores in an ugly low scoring game. Hurts is fucking terrible and one of the worst passing QBs in the league. They have a nasty defense though that will make it interesting.

I don't feel bad about anything but it's awesome you care more about my rep than I do.