Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

4th&Five

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Erin Hogan read off the list of QBs the Eagles have faced this year and collectively it was unimpressive. I’m not sure if that means all that much, but it was an interesting data point.

But whatever the outcome, shit’s gonna burn in Philly.

we don't need no water let the mutha fucka burn!

Pulling for kc slightly but they are so beat up. Disregarding Mahomes ankle, they were down their starting rb, three wrs and their best corner plus another lb on Sunday. The extra week is going to be huge for them. 

And has any team ever had an easier path to the Super Bowl than Philly? A pretty bad Giants team with Danny Dimes and then the niners with their 5th string emergency qb. Their pass rush is fantastic and they exploit a lot of defenses with their rpo stuff getting the qb involved with the run game but I’m just not quite sold on them yet. 

I just hope the game is close / exciting. The nfl playoffs have been mostly terrible this season. 

Played at WVU, this incident was reported in Dec. 2019 and he was "welcomed" (per press release) to OKST a month later. He wasn't officially charged so it's possible his name stayed under the radar all this time. Two year starter in Stillwater, undrafted last man to make the Eagles roster and played some special teams snaps in one game. Hasn't been on active roster in the playoffs.

Tha fuck? Article also says it was reported right away and investigated. Maybe it was sealed until the indictment this week? Never came up for OSU or the NFL apparently? Seems real shitty to take 3 years to indict. The guy was a vocal leader on the OL, did all that knowing he was under investigation for rape? Lock him the fuck up already if he’s a rapist.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/2/2023 at 1:03 PM, tx ind said:

The tears from Philly after they lose to the Chiefs on the heels of losing the WS to the Astros will taste like nectar of the gods.

Yah, our 87 win Phillies that hadn't done shit in a decade surging to a 6-game World Series defeat was so heartbreaking

Losing to the Chiefs would be harder to take as we are top seed and favored in the game, but Andy Reid is still appreciated in Philly and again this was a completely unheralded team a few months ago. So unless it's a referee/replay fiasco (always possible in the NFL - for either side) I'm afraid y'all haters won't have too many tears to lap up next week

2 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Yah, our 87 win Phillies that hadn't done shit in a decade surging to a 6-game World Series defeat was so heartbreaking

Losing to the Chiefs would be harder to take as we are top seed and favored in the game, but Andy Reid is still appreciated in Philly and again this was a completely unheralded team a few months ago. So unless it's a referee/replay fiasco (always possible in the NFL - for either side) I'm afraid y'all haters won't have too many tears to lap up next week

I hope yall get 28-3'd

This tiny field for the flag football pro bowl just looks funny.  Why again is Huntley there?  Bailey Zapp had better stats in 3 games with The patriots I think.  There is no way the afc didn’t have better options.  

Edited by Hook1997

24 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

This tiny field for the flag football pro bowl just looks funny.  Why again is Huntley there?  Bailey Zapp had better stats in 3 games with The patriots I think.  There is no way the afc didn’t have better options.  

Josh Allen declined so Huntley took the spot. No one wants to play in this shit anymore so this will be the norm going forward. 

15 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I love these nfl films marathons they run every year. Lots of memories.

The narration, the use of slo-mo, the different camera angles, the crowd shots and sound were used in a way that isn't done anymore. They were just well done. 

That clip of "Old Man Willie" returning the INT for a TD against the Vikings was just great, and is one of my favorites.

• Hook 'Em 1

The narration, the use of slo-mo, the different camera angles, the crowd shots and sound were used in a way that isn't done anymore. They were just well done. 
That clip of "Old Man Willie" returning the INT for a TD against the Vikings was just great, and is one of my favorites.

Steve Sabol was a cinematic genius. When I was growing up, each week you got an NFL game, maybe a 2nd one, and an AFL game or two. That’s it. At a young age a three hour game was an eternity. Where most of us learned about football was on The NFL Today which preceded the noon game with Frank Gifford. There we saw the nfl films clips of the previous weeks games. Dick Butkus destroying offenses, Bart Starr pulling himself out of the dirt to call plays in the huddle, Bob Hayes flying down the field, with glorious slo motion and a ton of cameras. I believe no one did more to increase the popularity of the nFL than Ed and Steve Sabol. Football Follies on Carson, the launch of the morning pregame shows loaded with nfl films clips, on and on.
  • Hook 'Em 2