Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: A Clean Shave

texifornia

7 minutes ago, hornyjay said:

Man I haven't posted here since I used hotnickels as a tag and this was shaggy......

I'm rooting for RT........ but he really never should have gotten the job TBH.  He's not one of the top say 50 coaches in the game........those are the caliber of guys we should be targeting.  I get that he "earned" this opportunity - but he's REALLY going to have to turn it up a level or two or three..........thousand

Good luck to the man

The basketball board is the whine about RT board, no need to turn this thread into that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Getafix said:

FYI.  Don't know how credible this guy is ... 

Looks to be a Bartstool guy that mostly covers NBA and gambling? Brief scan of his twitter doesn't seem to suggest he is the kind of guy throwing out random shit just to see what sticks or to try and build fake clout. 

edit: wtf nevermind seems he does mostly true crime shit? So even less reason for him to just randomly he throwing that out there unless he actually heard something. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Why? KSU immediately started recruiting another player like Abmas as soon as Max left campus.

It’s called a joke? Bc the pay sites have been awful when it comes to the basketball program 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Texas doesn't land Abmas and the UVA big goes to Missouri, Rodney Terry won't make it past one year as HC of the program. The money is there for both guys and those guys need to come to Texas.

For Rodneys sake, hope both of them come aboard.. because if not and we struggle next season, people will want him gone (including me).  I can already see twitter/talking heads bash UT over firing another Black coach who "didn't get support"

• Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Texas doesn't land Abmas and the UVA big goes to Missouri, Rodney Terry won't make it past one year as HC of the program. The money is there for both guys and those guys need to come to Texas.

I still don't think either player is mandatory to have (I have concerns about Abmas next to Hunter defensively because of a total lack of size) but it's confusing to not see us attached to more players given how many roster slots we have to fill

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

But what if the big man chooses Duke? I believe he still has a visit there lined up

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

Still raw, wonder if we'd go after him after coming #2 in the recruitment

What happened with that other former 5* transfer from Kentucky we got a couple of years ago? Obviously he didn't stay here long but i guess i just totally missed on where he went off to. Was hoping he'd turn out to be a really good guard for us. 

3 minutes ago, BERT said:

What happened with that other former 5* transfer from Kentucky we got a couple of years ago? Obviously he didn't stay here long but i guess i just totally missed on where he went off to. Was hoping he'd turn out to be a really good guard for us. 

Devin Askew. He transferred to Cal and averaged 15.5 points a game through 13 games before getting hurt based solely on the fact that Cal sucked and he took a lot of shots.

His FG% and 3P% were actually worse than what he averaged at Texas.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Teryor said:

I still don't think either player is mandatory to have (I have concerns about Abmas next to Hunter defensively because of a total lack of size) but it's confusing to not see us attached to more players given how many roster slots we have to fill

Basketball reporting has been super spotty for the last several years, I assume there are other names and we just don’t know about them.

We didn’t even know the date of the Abmas visit until right before he got there.

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Do you really think we’d have the guts to make a change after only one year, even if everyone can see the writing on the wall?  

I was asked today how I thought it would be perceived by the fanbase. I'd otherwise not think it possible for even a split second. If Texas tanks and has an absolute shit season, I guess, sure. But yeah, better to place money on him building a winner or getting at least 3 years sans scandal.

McNeeley is as versatile as they come in the 2024 class. He has the handle and feel to run an offense and with his textbook shooting stroke, he has the capability to be a knockdown three-point shooter. The best area of his game is his passing as his vision is above average and he is willing to find the open man. He is unselfish to a fault, but he plays the game the right way. A high IQ prospect who can bring something to the table at eithet forward position, McNeeley should excel as a reliable complimentary option at the collegiate level.

Sounds like a founding member of the lunchpail gang, coach on the court, whatnot.