Cyndy Williams (LaVerne and Shirley) RIP

Gil Bang

Maybe it was 100% her choice but my impression is that Hollywood didn't want her around much after L&S. Especially after she sued Paramount.  She was only 35 at the time and they were handing out sitcoms to pretty much anyone in comedy.

Lenny (Michael McKean) is the last of the original cast still alive. I think some of the LA season casts are still around.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

44 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe it was 100% her choice but my impression is that Hollywood didn't want her around much after L&S. Especially after she sued Paramount.  She was only 35 at the time and they were handing out sitcoms to pretty much anyone in comedy.

Lenny (Michael McKean) is the last of the original cast still alive. I think some of the LA season casts are still around.

RIP Shirl.

I remember her being in The First Nudie Musical back in cable’s early days. Young DG was disappointed after finding the film leaned heavily musical with scant nudity.

She was so eerily brilliant in "The Conversation", despite being in only a handful of scenes shot from multiple angles.  

But funny as hell, too.  

Also, weird as fuck how many members of that cast have died in the last 5 years despite being younger than so many other shows that came just before it/their sitcom contemporaries.  

RIP, Cyndy.