Rodney Terry

HookEm

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Well if Dick Vitale says we would be stupid not to keep Terry as coach then I guess we should keep him /s

Could offer a three year deal and mid range salary with incentives. He hasn’t coached a full season at Texas yet, and his past record isn’t remarkable or really sellable. 

On 3/10/2023 at 12:09 PM, Pancho said:

I’m not clamoring to be a 1 seed. I believe Lunardi says it’s an outside shot but the door is still open. I think our seed is pretty set as a #2, just a matter of where. If we lose today, I wouldn’t be upset at all.

I’m fine with getting a two seed and blowing out A 1 seed KU twice, along the way. 

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’d be concerned over the long term because he doesn’t have a great resume from his past stops as an HC; however, I’m still happy with what he’s done currently and excited for the tournament. 

Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. 

If he can get Mitchell, Morris, Hunter and Disu to stay + Brock and keep Holland and Johnson in the fold, that’s a solid base and he can portal hunt with our NIL and a lot of momentum 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

Win the national championship, per our resident Mensa members. If he does it, they’ll say Beard would’ve done it too and still want Terry to walk.

He didn’t excel at (checks notes) Fresno State, who has a whopping 6 tournament appearances in their esteemed history, and UTEP, who hasn’t been relevant since Tim Hardaway Sr played and they won it all during the civil rights era as Texas Western, so fuck him…he sucks.

If we’ve regressed all the way down to a conference tournament championship and a potential 1 seed in the dance with the coach that kept this group from choking away the season after one of the biggest coaching black eyes in recent memory, I can sleep well at night.

Fuck Chris Beard, fuck Derka, and fuck anyone else who thinks Terry must win out and do something never before done in the history of Texas basketball to even sniff an interview for the gig next year. You fucking suck and are an embarrassment to your families.

Chris beard would’ve beaten Kansas by 30 tonight 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If he can get Mitchell, Morris, Hunter and Disu to stay + Brock and keep Holland and Johnson in the fold, that’s a solid base and he can portal hunt with our NIL and a lot of momentum 

Not only that, but keep the staff from joining Beard in Mississippi. I really like this staff and with him as coach he can replace  his spot as an assistant with another high level recruiter or another top flight X's & O's guy (Mark Adams anyone). I'm still in the camp of wanting to see an elite 8 or final 4 appearance to keep him, but I understand if he gets kept with a sweet 16 appearance seeing as how we haven't done that in nearly 15 years. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 2

Just now, Catdaddyhorn said:

Not only that, but keep the staff from joining Beard in Mississippi. I really like this staff and with him as coach he can replace  his spot as an assistant with another high level recruiter or another top flight X's & O's guy (Mark Adams anyone). I'm still in the camp of wanting to see an elite 8 or final 4 appearance to keep him, but a I understand if he gets kept with a sweet 16 appearance seeing as how we haven't done that in nearly 15 years. 

Gerry did say the assistants would likely stay. They don’t have a lot of warmth towards Beard for what he did 

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Not only that, but keep the staff from joining Beard in Mississippi. I really like this staff and with him as coach he can replace  his spot as an assistant with another high level recruiter or another top flight X's & O's guy (Mark Adams anyone). I'm still in the camp of wanting to see an elite 8 or final 4 appearance to keep him, but I understand if he gets kept with a sweet 16 appearance seeing as how we haven't done that in nearly 15 years. 

Gerry has said the staff would stay together under Terry. Many felt betrayed by Beard, and why would you hitch your wagon to a guy with real problems off the court in a shitty town in Mississippi when you could get raises and stay at Texas in Austin. Not to mention, Beard would already be looking for a better job, and might not bring you with him.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Just popping in to congratulate Terry in delivering an absolute ass whipping to KU.

The staff also deserves credit for coaching up Disu. He has been incredible lately.

Yay, a totally meaningless win against a team that didn’t give a fuck. 

The collective IQ of this board right now is room temp. You guys absolutely hate facts and data.

Rodney Terry is a mediocre coach and hiring him at any school that cares about winning would be a massive, colossal mistake.

But this is Texas and we don’t care about winning anyway.

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Fuck You 22

Just a hunch, but if this staff was with Rodney Terry at UTEP, I think he might have won a few more games there. I thought the offense looked great tonight. Tons of movement without the ball and cutting. Great chemistry. Hopefully we keep it going  in the tourney. The game was a thing of beauty.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, HookEm said:

Just a hunch, but if this staff was with Rodney Terry at UTEP, I think he might have won a few more games there. I thought the offense looked great tonight. Tons of movement without the ball and cutting. Great chemistry. Hopefully we keep it going  in the tourney. The game was a thing of beauty.

And come on, he’d never have gotten a collection of talent like Hunter, Disu, Morris, Mitchell, Holland and Johnson to UTEP

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, HookEm said:

Ifs and buts…he’s a loser coach. Won barely half his games.

• Fuck You 21

8 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Yay, a totally meaningless win against a team that didn’t give a fuck. 

The collective IQ of this board right now is room temp. You guys absolutely hate facts and data.

Rodney Terry is a mediocre coach and hiring him at any school that cares about winning would be a massive, colossal mistake.

But this is Texas and we don’t care about winning anyway.

Toggle off ignore/

you’re one of the 3 biggest losers in the history of this board

/toggle on

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

As far as coaching goes.

In game one against KU, Dick and Harris combined for 38 points (56%/40%) and Kansas scored 88.

In the final 2 games, those 2 combined for 23 total points (29%/25%) and Kansas didn't score 60 in either game.

Conference tournaments are meaningless

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Toggle off ignore/

you’re one of the 3 biggest losers in the history of this board

/toggle on

Good one bro.

• Fuck You 12

Y’all are so stupid, you can’t see how the national media is politicking for Terry to be our coach…because they know he will keep us “in our place” as a program. 

Just like Sark…again.

Mediocre coaches go to Texas for the pay day. That’s who we are now.

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Fuck You 21

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Then Terry won't be the coach here next season. What are you worried about then?

Damn, you are either A) a troll or B) one miserable person. 

Oh yes he will. He’s already been hired. 

The cake is baked.

if I was a troll, I wouldn’t care this much. 

• Fuck You 6