Tom Brady retiring “for good.”

South Austin

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kraft wanting Brady to sign a 1-day contract so he can retire as a Patriot. I always find these 1-day retirement contracts to be the most eye-rolling gesture. "He retired with us!!" No, he didn't. He retired as he stepped off the field.  If you want him to retire as a Patriot, put him in a game.

This. So cringe. If he wanted to retire a Pat, he would have stayed in NE 

56 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. So cringe. If he wanted to retire a Pat, he would have stayed in NE 

Yep. I see nothing wrong if NE wants to have a retirement ceremony for Brady, and that would seem appropriate to me. Especially on a gameday either before kickoff or at halftime. Ask Brady to invite former teammates or coaches, etc. Obviously Brady is not an average retiring player so I understand a different situation than some random player who is done with their career.

But to bring someone back for a 30-minute press conference retirement is lame. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kraft wanting Brady to sign a 1-day contract so he can retire as a Patriot. I always find these 1-day retirement contracts to be the most eye-rolling gesture. "He retired with us!!" No, he didn't. He retired as he stepped off the field.  If you want him to retire as a Patriot, put him in a game.

Brady needs to give Kraft the middle finger. Kraft and Bili didn't want him to retire as a Patriot a few years ago. Screw giving them the honor now.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/3636603/why-tom-brady-left-the-new-england-patriots/

When the 2019 season reached its end, Brady wanted to negotiate a longer-term contract with the Patriots allowing him to retire with New England.

However, owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick were reluctant and preferred to offer the aging player a short-term deal.

According to NBC Sports Boston: "...a tangible effort by the Patriots to keep Tom Brady in New England never happened. No negotiation.

"Just the intimation that it was on Brady to say what he wanted. For Brady, that stance spoke volumes."

Brady is said to have felt unwanted by the side, which solidified his decision to leave the team.

Belichick's man-management style also likely pushed Brady closer to the exit door.

Wow…only loss to Eagles was the SB. Glad I got to see him play in person against the Saints on Monday night in 2009. Loudest game I’ve ever been to. 
I'm not sure these include the playoffs. Because he lost to Dallas this playoffs. He also lost to the Giants twice in the Super Bowl and it's only one loss on here.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/4/2023 at 4:22 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 2/4/2023 at 1:36 PM, 4th&Five said:
Wow…only loss to Eagles was the SB. Glad I got to see him play in person against the Saints on Monday night in 2009. Loudest game I’ve ever been to. 

I'm not sure these include the playoffs. Because he lost to Dallas this playoffs. He also lost to the Giants twice in the Super Bowl and it's only one loss on here.

On 2/4/2023 at 11:49 AM, Vic Mackey said:

328296476_884482419267438_5297446149463929735_n.jpg

It's definitely regular season only. Looks like someone copy and pasted statmuse.com. As we see with https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/tom-brady-career-record-vs-philedelphia-eagles, TB lost a regular season game to Philly in 2015 plus we know TB lost Super Bowl LII to them. Same with Rams at https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/tom-brady-career-record-vs-los-angeles-rams. That shows 4-3, but that's missing February 3, 2019 where the Pats beat the Rams in Super Bowl LIII.

Edited by n64ra
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...