Frank Drebin Joins UH PD

Eskimohorn

I work at a university and saw a couple of actors rehearsing outside and at first thought it was a legit domestic abuse non-violent argument.  Almost called the university police department, but then realized it was acting when they started looking at their scripts.  /csb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, swraith said:

Whoever called 911 to report an assault with a knife needs to check themselves in the future.

That is something I am curious about as well?  Is that person slow?  Did they know and do it as a prank?  Did they do it hoping to create an incident?

Based on the article it sounds like the police officer and department acted appropriately.  Not sure about the "vest" part, especially since they did not set it up in conjunction with the PD...so it means nothing to the PD who were not aware of it.

I understand the concern in today's environment, but I do find it funny hearing the students/actors talk about how they are offended that when they went in public and acted out scenes of violence and assault that people, you know, believed it.

• Like 1

I wish color and gender and all that didn't factor in...but also...it's a college campus where young guys are doing stupid shit.  And i guess police need to be on their toes.  So maybe use those places...oh what are they called...rehearsal spaces instead of loading docks next time you're in pre-production.  

All that said, note to self---next time I commit a crime...when the police walk up to investigate...simply shout, "AND SCENE!" Theatrical Immunity, Officer! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

So maybe use those places...oh what are they called...rehearsal spaces instead of loading docks next time you're in pre-production.  

I guess you didn't read the whole article that said they didn't have sufficient rehearsal space. Maybe you can swing your big dick around and get them adequate space to rehearse away from the loading dock.

8 hours ago, royiv said:

I guess you didn't read the whole article that said they didn't have sufficient rehearsal space. Maybe you can swing your big dick around and get them adequate space to rehearse away from the loading dock.

I did read it.  What I should have clarified is have the scenes with weapons get priority on inside space and scenes with just regulars proper or just dialogue go outside.  And if every scene involves weapons, then you’re not in a play, you’re in a marvel movie.  And it’s way too early for you to be talking about my dick

• Like 1