2023 Thread of Racism in America

Horn Under a Bad Sign

James Rhodes of Stow, Ohio seems like a racist piece of shit.

EDIT:  I just noticed that this was filmed in 2021. I have no idea why Twitter saw fit to bring it to the top of my newsfeed other than Twitter has sucked since Elon took over and is getting noticeably worse.  The people I want to follow are no longer showing up in my feed. 

I stand by my comment about James Rhodes, however. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Rage+1 1

A California man who allegedly shot a 21-year-old unarmed Black man who was crossing the street told him, “Oh, you think you can run?” before firing his weapon and striking the young man in the back of his leg, officials said Friday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-allegedly-shot-unarmed-black-011845277.html

During a preliminary hearing, San Jose police Det. Jessica Lindenberg testified that the victim, who survived the shooting, told her in an interview that he was staying at an Airbnb across the street from 67-year-old Mark Waters’s home on Oct. 2, 2022, when he left the rental to go to a nearby Safeway for food around 11 p.m. As he was crossing the street to get onto the sidewalk, the victim, identified as El’hajj Bullock, said he saw Waters exit his house with a gun in his hand.

“[Bullock] believed in that moment that he was being robbed,” Lindenberg said, adding that Bullock said he put his hands up to show they were empty “and said something along the lines of, ‘I don’t have anything.’”

Lindenberg testified that Bullock said Waters then pulled the gun up and pointed it at his chest. At that point, Bullock turned around and started to run away from Waters.

As he was running, Bullock said, he heard Waters say, “Oh, you think you can run?,” heard the sound of a gunshot, and then fell to the ground as he felt pain in his right leg.

Bullock was transported to a local hospital, where he underwent surgery to repair a broken femur, according to Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Aidan Welsh. As a result of the shooting, Bullock was still experiencing pain and relying on crutches and a wheelchair to get around two months later, Lindenberg testified.

Waters, who is currently being held without bail, is facing one count of felony assault with a semi-automatic firearm resulting in great bodily injury and involving the personal use of a firearm in connection with the shooting, which officials have described as an “unprovoked attack.” Authorities are also continuing to investigate possible hate crime allegations, but prosecutors have not filed any additional charges or enhancements.

• Rage+1 1

This thread is overdue. @fattyflattie has his work cut out for him. Excuse me for a second while I peruse the news. 

Incredibly grateful that the first appropriate report I happened across was this:

Edit. Another link, as Reddit reddits.

US reunites nearly 700 kids taken from parents under Trump

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-reunites-700-kids-parents-trump-96861198

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

This thread is overdue. @fattyflattie has his work cut out for him. Excuse me for a second while I peruse the news. 

The fuck does this mean? Is literally a story from yesterday that’s making the rounds in the news, with a racial connotation.  Unless you believe killing someone in board daylight while using racial slurs (per witnesses) doesn’t qualify.

You’re nowhere near interesting enough as a poster to @ people.  You’re not that guy. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

The fuck does this mean? Is literally a story from yesterday that’s making the rounds in the news, with a racial connotation.  Unless you believe killing someone in board daylight while using racial slurs (per witnesses) doesn’t qualify.

You’re nowhere near interesting enough as a poster to @ people.  You’re not that guy. 

It means that, if your political point about racism  is that racist black people kill white people, your point will be buried in the avalanche of racism that is how Republican politicians appeal to the Republican base, in addition to the racist voter suppression strategy instrumental to their winning elections. 

I am the guy, who, if I have something to say about someone, I say it to them directly.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Why are you so annoyed by credible allegations of racism? 

30 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

It means that, if your political point about racism  is that racist black people kill white people, your point will be buried in the avalanche of racism that is how Republican politicians appeal to the Republican base, in addition to the racist voter suppression strategy instrumental to their winning elections. 

I am the guy, who, if I have something to say about someone, I say it to them directly.

Oh, you only what you consider racism highlighted.  Wonder why you don’t consider all racism bad?  Also, you won’t say shit to me directly.  You’ll @ me on a message board.  Pretty pretty big fucking difference there. 

14 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Why are you so annoyed by credible allegations of racism? 

How do you come to that conclusion?  In fact, out of the stories each of us posted, one had substantiated claims, and one is being further investigated.  Guess credible is what you seem to want it to be? 

Edited by fattyflattie

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh, you only what you consider racism highlighted.  Wonder why you don’t consider all racism bad?  Also, you won’t say shit to me directly.  You’ll @ me on a message board.  Pretty pretty big fucking difference there. 

I agreed the murderer you linked was racist. Racism is bad. That’s one reason I vote D.

We talk on a message board. So, the difference you mention is unclear. Are these words not directed at you? Perhaps you think I don’t speak my mind to folks face to face? You are mistaken. 

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

We shall overcome.

• Haha 2

On 2/4/2023 at 7:47 AM, Willfully Horn said:

Incredibly grateful that the first appropriate report I happened across was this:

Edit. Another link, as Reddit reddits.

US reunites nearly 700 kids taken from parents under Trump

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-reunites-700-kids-parents-trump-96861198

We’re going to be hearing about children that Trump had ripped from the arms of their mothers finally being reunited with their families for years to come.

• Rage+1 1

Not as serious as death threats, but come the fuck on Aramark. Its just not that fucking hard. 

Students at a New York middle school were served chicken and waffles with a side of watermelon on the first day of Black History Month, prompting the school and food vendor Aramark to apologize.  

The school lunch in question was served to students at Nyack Middle School on February 1, a decision that upset some students and parents. As Insider's Angelica Cheyenne reported, foods like watermelon have often been rolled into stereotypes against Black Americans. 

"They were asking people if they want watermelon and I remember being confused because it's not in season," Honore Santiago, a student at Nyack Middle School, told WABC. 

She added: "Didn't think the company was capable of making us feel bad...especially the kids my color." 

9 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Oh, I get it. @fattyflattie you were suggesting that you’d get in my face, and back up your argument with physical intimidation. IOW, your an unbalanced hothead with an arsenal. Fuck you, psycho.

Im saying you’re a mouthy bitch on a football fan site. I’m quite certain your mouth wouldn’t write these checks outside the safety of your living room.  

“Your mouth is writing checks your butt can’t cash”???

are you using bully cliches from 1987? So you’ve been a pussy for 35 years?  Shit, sorry for your struggle man.  Hope the 2020’s turn around for you 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

“Your mouth is writing checks your butt can’t cash”???

are you using bully cliches from 1987? So you’ve been a pussy for 35 years?  Shit, sorry for your struggle man.  Hope the 2020’s turn around for you 

Figured that way it wouldn’t take the old man 3 days to figure it out. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Im saying you’re a mouthy bitch on a football fan site. I’m quite certain your mouth wouldn’t write these checks outside the safety of your living room.  

Lol

I’ve my share of encounters with folks who wanted to take a swing at me. Most didn’t, but I gave them the opportunity. Those who did learned I can do more than just take a punch. Never threw one first, though.

9 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Lol

I’ve my share of encounters with folks who wanted to take a swing at me. Most didn’t, but I gave them the opportunity. Those who did learned I can do more than just take a punch. Never threw one first, though.

I would have no reason to take a swing at you. As I said, you are on the internet jawing, where it’s easy to call anyone you disagree with a racist. In real life there wouldn’t even be a conversation.  I’ve followed your posts over the last year or so, I’m quite certain you'd bite thru your tongue instead.  

Just now, Willfully Horn said:

Grew up in Texas. We met in the parking lot.

Bike rack.  And fuck that "let's meet there later."  My philosophy at that age was always "you want to start serving up shit, you get to eat it right here, right now."  Few things in life more gratifying than kicking a bully's ass who was just standing there, thinking he was immune, while he started shit.  Do that once, maybe twice, it's amazing how people back the fuck off after that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I would have no reason to take a swing at you. As I said, you are on the internet jawing, where it’s easy to call anyone you disagree with a racist. In real life there wouldn’t even be a conversation.  I’ve followed your posts over the last year or so, I’m quite certain you'd bite thru your tongue instead.  

Show me the post where I called you racist. I said Republicans use racism to draw in votes and suppress others from voting. I linked an article about 700 kids being reunited with their families. If you think while families would have had their kids taken from them for seeking asylum, you’re a fool.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

My philosophy at that age was always "you want to start serving up shit, you get to eat it right here, right now."

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Show me the post where I called you racist. I said Republicans use racism to draw in votes and suppress others from voting. I linked an article about 700 kids being reunited with their families. If you think while families would have had their kids taken from them for seeking asylum, you’re a fool.

You @ me, not the other way.  Maybe I misunderstood you.  What work do I have cut out for me?  Seems pretty obvious finding racism in America is simple af, not much work at all. 

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You @ me, not the other way.  Maybe I misunderstood you.  What work do I have cut out for me?  Seems pretty obvious finding racism in America is simple af, not much work at all. 

As I explained earlier, when you asked the same question, advancing the political point that racist blacks are killing white people, which is bad, and yes, racist, will be drowned out by the ongoing flood of stories about the actions of a political party. Here’s another report which belongs in this thread, as told by the National Review. In a nutshell, African-American Studies violate the  law of the State of Florida.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/desantis-ap-african-american-studies-program-violates-florida-law/

Edited by Willfully Horn
Claro

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

If they were sending their children across the border with relatives or coyotes, they definitely would be separated. 

21 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

If they were sending their children across the border with relatives or coyotes, they definitely would be separated. 

I guess you don’t know how asylum works. Asylum seekers want to remain in the US legally, and so seek out the authorities to make their claim that they deserve asylum status. Btw, this also describes the folks Abbott and Desantis are bussing and flying to other cities. Those folks are seeking asylum. Legally.

But, I disagree with your belief, as stated. Folks trying to enter the country by illegal means are summarily deported. I haven’t seen a report that claims those families are separated before deportation. 

Edit. Of course, if parents send their kids across without going with them, that’s a voluntary separation, which isn’t really something for which our government, acting on our behalf, is responsible.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Edit

3 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Also if he didn’t think that. 

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

I guess you don’t know how asylum works. Asylum seekers want to remain in the US legally, and so seek out the authorities to make their claim that they deserve asylum status. Btw, this also describes the folks Abbott and Desantis are bussing and flying to other cities. Those folks are seeking asylum. Legally.

But, I disagree with your belief, as stated. Folks trying to enter the country by illegal means are summarily deported. I haven’t seen a report that claims those families are separated before deportation. 

No, I know how it works. I just found your statement that the families are being separated because they’re brown hilarious. We do not deport unaccompanied minors that are smuggled in, they claim asylum and go into the care system. 

The reality on Trump's family separation policy is this.  It has nothing to do much with asylum seekers.

Historically, immigrants were not criminally charged and detained for illegal entry unless it was their second offense, that is, they had been apprehended and deported previously in a civil proceeding.

The reality of that was that if a second-offender was apprehended, they were criminally charged and placed in criminal detention, and that required separation from non-criminal accompanying family members, including children who were kept in different, non-prison detention centers.  That was true under the Obama Administration and prior administrations, although exceptions were made routinely when the criminal detention would result in family separation.

Trump mandated that all illegal entry attempts be criminally prosecuted, even first offenses and even asylum seekers that didn't do it right.  That, then, put all adults coming together in criminal facilities, and minor children in non-criminal detention facilities.  And, the reality is that families "crossing" are usually first offenders, while second and subsequent offenders didn't usually have minor children.  

So, the number of families separated at the border into criminal and non-criminal detention escalated wildly under this policy.  And the separations weren't just "across the yard."  The children were moved all over the country.

Also, the criminal prosecution policy for first offenders was only implemented at the Southern borders, not anywhere else.  https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attorney-general-sessions-delivers-remarks-discussing-immigration-enforcement-actions

So yeah

Mr Wong | Bloodydecks

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

As I explained earlier, when you asked the same question, advancing the political point that racist blacks are killing white people, which is bad, and yes, racist, will be drowned out by the ongoing flood of stories about the actions of a political party.

Was there a single political anything in my link?  Are you assuming the California Dr was a R and the killer was a D?  It is a link to a local news affiliate. 

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Was there a single political anything in my link?  Are you assuming the California Dr was a R and the killer was a D?  It is a link to a local news affiliate. 

I am aware this is the political board, so I assumed you posted to make a political point, in part because no, I wasn’t aware of political animus between the murderer and victim. Just racial animus. 

Edited by Willfully Horn
Claro

6 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I am aware this is the political board, so I assumed you posted to make a political point, in part because no, I wasn’t aware of political animus between the murderer and victim. Just racial animus. 

Fair enough. I didn’t have a political slant. Had just read the article that AM and it’s rare (it seems) for people to use racial epithets and berated you about your “privilege” while stabbing you to death. At least I don’t see it as often as you’d think.  

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The reality on Trump's family separation policy is this.  It has nothing to do much with asylum seekers.

Historically, immigrants were not criminally charged and detained for illegal entry unless it was their second offense, that is, they had been apprehended and deported previously in a civil proceeding.

The reality of that was that if a second-offender was apprehended, they were criminally charged and placed in criminal detention, and that required separation from non-criminal accompanying family members, including children who were kept in different, non-prison detention centers.  That was true under the Obama Administration and prior administrations, although exceptions were made routinely when the criminal detention would result in family separation.

Trump mandated that all illegal entry attempts be criminally prosecuted, even first offenses and even asylum seekers that didn't do it right.  That, then, put all adults coming together in criminal facilities, and minor children in non-criminal detention facilities.  And, the reality is that families "crossing" are usually first offenders, while second and subsequent offenders didn't usually have minor children.  

So, the number of families separated at the border into criminal and non-criminal detention escalated wildly under this policy.  And the separations weren't just "across the yard."  The children were moved all over the country.

Also, the criminal prosecution policy for first offenders was only implemented at the Southern borders, not anywhere else.  https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attorney-general-sessions-delivers-remarks-discussing-immigration-enforcement-actions

So yeah

Mr Wong | Bloodydecks

Of course it was racism. Let’s remember that no attempt was made to create a paper trail that might have helped rejoin these kids sooner. Utter contempt for those folks.

When was the last time this country was in such a dark place culturally? I’m not sure we’ve ever had so many in your face mentally unwell people roaming the country.

We've always had this many (in terms of %).  But a shitton of them found out it was okay to publicly display it.  

AKA, the cruelty is the point.

This sequence. Cruelty has become a VIRTUE for half the country.
Humans have always had a cruel streak. And some people have always been openly cruel. But this is the first time in recent cultural memory that being cruel is something to brag about, to show off, to establish your credentials for party leadership.
It’s beyond fucked up.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Bike rack.  And fuck that "let's meet there later."  My philosophy at that age was always "you want to start serving up shit, you get to eat it right here, right now."  Few things in life more gratifying than kicking a bully's ass who was just standing there, thinking he was immune, while he started shit.  Do that once, maybe twice, it's amazing how people back the fuck off after that.

So what you're saying is to pick out the meanest looking sumbitch in the cafeteria and kick his ass to get respect from the other prisoners in Cell Block 4?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Lol

Dude…

you’re responding to someone who couldn’t whip cream with an outboard motor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This sequence. Cruelty has become a VIRTUE for half the country.
Humans have always had a cruel streak. And some people have always been openly cruel. But this is the first time in recent cultural memory that being cruel is something to brag about, to show off, to establish your credentials for party leadership.
It’s beyond fucked up.

It can be traced back to a) social media and b) rise of a unique brand of American Secularism where each individual is his/her own idol/god.

The biggest problem is earth is built out. Look at human history, being able to pack up your things with likeminded community— from Abraham to Goodie Smith the American pilgrim— and get away from people you think are horrible allowed people to coalesce around others with shared beliefs and worldviews which informed behaviors and culture.

Now we have nowhere to escape one another, and the question of core beliefs and worldviews is so personal to people that they cause disgust and contempt, and we are forced to co-exist with one another and live among each other with that disgust and contempt. 

Thus the rise of the upper middle class suburb 😂 

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Fuck You 3