"The Covenant." Guy Ritchie makes a serious film.

Parliament

• 2 months later...

this was really good. the first half was super tense. a little montage heavy, but it's Guy Ritchie so, you know.

Jake does have beautiful blue eyes. 😛

ETA Dar Salim was a discovery, hope to see him in more.

Edited by mchookem

I thought it was good - definitely worth the ticket. Still very Guy Ritchie in a lot of ways but less banter/humor and more suspense. 

Very well cast and agree the guy that plays the interpreter was really good. JG was solid as always. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fantastic movie. It makes me think about some of the Terps we worked with in Afghanistan and Iraq and whatever happened to them. There was one young kid in Kirkuk that was around 16 that went by Ali. Not old enough to work as Terp but worked on base. Would bring us things from the city like cell phones with pre paid SIM cards. He had dreams of one day working as a Terp and making enough to get his family out. I hope he did.

• Like 1

Rented this on Apple tonight for $5.99. Really enjoyed it. But, I couldn’t figure out how the Spectre got there on time when the call never went through and he couldn’t even get birds there quickly for a sanctioned mission with his whole team going down. Much less one guy working off books. But…I may be thinking too hard. It went boom a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not ashamed to have really enjoyed this. Some of the acting was super cringe, but JG and Salim were both great. A classic C movie that is lots of fun. 

Spoiler

Do we get a covenant 2 with John Kinley extracting the afghani who drove him across the country and took a bullet in the shoulder on the dam? Kinley pays his debt after all, and this guy has to be exponentially “wanted” by the taliban. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...