Game #9 P.B. - #10 Texas at #7 KSU, 3pm ESPN2

Js1

36 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yes you're correct, if they were totally different players they'd be in the NBA. 

Maybe I don't understand how you define "talent" then. College talented =/= NBA talented and certainly not when a lot of these guys are undersized and not NBA athletes. They aren't playing NBA teams. 

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Maybe I don't understand how you define "talent" then. College talented =/= NBA talented and certainly not when a lot of these guys are undersized and not NBA athletes. They aren't playing NBA teams. 

Allen cant shoot beyond `18 feet and Carr can't get by anyone, however each of them knows where their spot is on their floor and works to get shots from their designated areas (more so true of Allen,  Carr still veers towards hero ball too much for my liking but he's admittedly hit those tough shots more frequently this year).  Make no mistake, they're good college basketball players, but when people say a team is talented and laud players for their talent you expect one or two exceptional traits that make it easy for them. No player on this team makes it look easy. They have to work really hard or have things set up for them to get to their spots. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

They have to work really hard or have things set up for them to get to their spots. 

I honestly haven’t watched more than a half of basketball total this year until today’s 2nd half. bishop was making things look pretty easy today IMO

20 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

How much am I allowed to cum if we beat KU on Monday?  Pints? Gallons? Bushels?

Bushels?  I'd google that, but I am 100% confident there are 37 adult sites dedicated to it.  Nothing wrong with coming home from this road trip with a split.  But after that second half clampdown, I think a clean sweep is quite possible.  

I know, I know...Beware the Phog.  Rock Chalk, suck my Cock.

• Hook 'Em 2

Bruh. Checking Up on horns socials. I’m lit!

bishop got that dog in him!!!

even after that last charge call. He finished the play with a dunk. Looked at his bench. Acknowledged the flop and wack refs. 

And then continued to carry out business and get back to work. 

if I recall that was tied late in the game. 
we could have crumbled. But we didn’t!

we all got that dog in them. 
This team fucks. 

and I’m back on the Titos… 

• Hook 'Em 6

Wow the team played great in the 2nd half. Bishop had a great game, Carr was getting fouled the game in a very physical game.

Very Happy to secure a split on the trip to Kansas, the Jayhawks are going to be out for blood at home Monday night after losing again today. . 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it's amazing to me that he was primarily a football player who didn't take basketball seriously until his sophomore year. the words i most often use to describe him are savvy, languid, and smooth. he looks like he was born to hoop. he's as smooth a player as we've had since DJ Augustin, or maybe J'Covan at his best. guys that smooth and effortless are few and far between. 

His ability to just get buckets and make plays reminds me of j’covan. Same attitude and compete level. Jabari is a better defender. They showed a clip early in the game where rice was screaming at the team from the bench. Engaged FULLY. Huge fan of both those dudes and glad I get/got to watch them in the burnt orange.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Bruh. Checking Up on horns socials. I’m lit!

bishop got that dog in him!!!

even after that last charge call. He finished the play with a dunk. Looked at his bench. Acknowledged the flop and wack refs. 

And then continued to carry out business and get back to work. 

if I recall that was tied late in the game. 
we could have crumbled. But we didn’t!

we all got that dog in them. 
This team fucks. 

and I’m back on the Titos… 

you and me both brother. 🤘🏼 

16921F70-6961-446C-A5E7-FB6FF92CDF72.jpeg

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

That felt like tournament-level type of a comeback win. Take a team’s best shot in the first half, make adjustments and punch their ass in the mouth coming out the half…then absorb their desperation down the stretch to secure the Dub! Impressive in a number of ways. Definitely something they can draw from come March (not to mention, this 2-day turnaround can be used as prep as well)

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Well, yeah, obviously.

But Terry still deserves a lot of credit right now.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, expected a dropoff when we lost Beard.  Christ, people on this very site predicted we'd miss the tournament the first time they saw us struggle under Terry.  It would've been really easy to lose this team under those circumstances.

Well, here we are, in 1st place in February.

And did you see the halftime adjustments just now?

I'm not saying I want to give him a 5-year deal or anything, but the man can coach, the kids are playing hard for him, and the results are coming.  Keeping him has to at least be considered.

Terry has been great but we need a thorough coaching search. He reminds me of Rick Bowness and the Stars. Caught lightening in a bottle and took them to Stanley Cup finals in the bubble. They gave him the permanent gig and he proceeded to struggle the next two seasons. Stars went out and got a good coach and now they’re back on top. Don’t fall in the trap Texas, go out there and find the best coach you can.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Just watched extended highlights of the 2nd half. 

The Bishop block/steal to win it was fucking nuts. And obviously his scoring around the basket was huge - he had the game winning bucket, too. Where has that been all season Christian???

Mitchell staying would be fun but he's probably gone. There are too many NBA plays I've seen him make this season. Stuff like what he does at 13:52 here (should be linked to the right timestamp) is going to raise some eyebrows.

It's rare to find a guy as big as he is that can guard the way he does on the perimeter and he's a pretty good ball handler and a good passer - especially when running the floor. Obviously his offensive game is raw but that won't keep him from getting drafted.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4

NSIAP but that lil K State fucker that got layup late *past* Timmy Allen (not over), and decided to throw in that stupid "too little" celebration after it, Fuck That Guy. Was so satisfying seeing Bishop make him his bitch for the next trip down the floor. Got the block and the strip on him. 

The last few weeks have me completely on Team Rice. This kid plays the type of basketball I love to watch, but not sure I've seen someone that plays his style do it with so much fire. He gets me hype because you can tell he hypes himself up with the types of play that others might not care about. Timmy Allen did it today too, after taking a charge. They get hype because they sacrificed for the team in non-scoring ways. Hell yeah. 

Oh and I didn't want to say it too loud because I know a lot of people weren't J'Onions fans, but he reminds me of J'Covan too. Whom I also loved to watch play basketball. 

Edited by BurdineBandit
  • Hook 'Em 2