Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

The Rangers seem like they’re only one player away from making the playoffs.  Why they weren’t more proactive about upgrading their OF is beyond me.  They spent all that money on middle IF last season then dumped a fortune into their rotation, and they didn’t have enough to patch LF with Mitch Haniger or Joey Gallo or Michael Conforto?

That said I think Young has made several good moves this offseason and this will be a very competitive team.  Heaney, Duffy, and Eovaldi are 3 of the potential best value pitching signings of the offseason.

In our long line of real shitty trades, this one continues to impress. 

Avery Weems, minor league lefthanded pitcher in the Texas Rangers system, has undergone Tommy John surgery, Weems announced on Instagram. He will miss the 2023 season.

Weems, 25, was a 6th round pick out of the University of Arizona in 2019 by the Chicago White Sox. He was acquired by the Rangers, along with Dane Dunning, in the trade that sent Lance Lynn to Chicago after the 2020 season. 

Weems spent the 2022 season with the Frisco Roughriders, where he had a 5.14 ERA in 91 innings spanning 17 starts and nine relief appearances, with 107 Ks against 32 walks. Weems was Rule 5 eligible this past offseason, but was not selected in the Rule 5 Draft. 

• Rage+1 1

I'm a season ticket holder and I regularly bitch to my rep about how our offerings are low quality. Everyone loves what they sell until you venture out into other ballparks and realize that our food is dogshit. Pluckers and Golden Chick can't save the gilf.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...