Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

So for a completely idiosyncratic perspective, I don't like this.  I have the game on one screen and am writing a brief on the others.  And if you're only half-paying attention to the game, it's suddenly real hard to follow.  I look at the game, and the Phillies are up to bat and have one on and one out.  And the I look over at the brief, write a paragraph, and by the time I look back, the Rangers are up and already have two outs.

Over the past 30 years, baseball fans have gotten pretty well conditioned to be able to follow a baseball game while doing something else entirely.  And now that's a lot more difficult.  And it's really very jarring (and somewhat unwelcome).

deGrom just had really bad luck yesterday. Most of those doubles and triples didn't even hit the outfield wall, especially the back to back triples. 

Speaking of bad luck I had 4 sets of fans come up to me and tell me I was sitting in their seats. What the fuck! I'm a season ticket holder so I get to flex that at them. I usually get 1 or 2 people doing that to me in April but never 4 in a game. 

deGrom just had really bad luck yesterday. Most of those doubles and triples didn't even hit the outfield wall, especially the back to back triples. 
Speaking of bad luck I had 4 sets of fans come up to me and tell me I was sitting in their seats. What the fuck! I'm a season ticket holder so I get to flex that at them. I usually get 1 or 2 people doing that to me in April but never 4 in a game. 

Not to get too personal but are you a full season ticket holder?

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

the home run was the only hard hit ball i can remember.  it was a great piece of hitting.

4 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Yep I've had full season for a few years at the old ballpark and have them at the new one.

Your section apparently needs Jesse the Usher. 

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

A lot less than that. 

Not that I'm going to do the math. 

It’s actually 162:

The short method: Take the number of games yet to be played, add one, then subtract the number of games ahead in the loss column of the standings from the closest opponent.

20 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

It’s actually 162:

The short method: Take the number of games yet to be played, add one, then subtract the number of games ahead in the loss column of the standings from the closest opponent.

If we won every game then every team in our division would have at least 19 losses. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

If we won every game then every team in our division would have at least 19 losses. 

Magic number isn’t the number of games you need to win, it’s the combination of number of games you need to win plus games the team immediately behind you needs to lose….

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Magic number isn’t the number of games you need to win, it’s the combination of number of games you need to win plus games the team immediately behind you needs to lose….

Ah, you're right. I was just thinking about wins. 

I never understood why they would schedule an off day in the middle of a series. Just play them in a row and give the traveling team or teams an extra day to get their shit together. That's some Roger Goodell type bullshit.