Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

A quarter of the way through the season, and we’re on pace for a 100-win year.

Really didn’t see that coming.

Nope.

The going will get tougher.  If they really want a shot at the playoffs, they will have to bolster the bullpen.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Oak going 1-3 against us this series actually improved their overall winning percentage. They are sooooo bad. 

I have more people in my living room than they do in the stadium for most games.

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Nope.

The going will get tougher.  If they really want a shot at the playoffs, they will have to bolster the bullpen.

I have more people in my living room than they do in the stadium for most games.

Are you South Austin’s mom? 

• Haha 1

Total attendance for the 4 games in Oakland - 25,547. And that included the enormous guy sitting behind home plate on Saturday who was counted as 2 people. 

10 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

That’s what the trade deadline is for. The bullpen is the easiest thing to fix at the deadline.

Correct.

35 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Never in my life did I think Pryor, the annoying double-poster from football threads, would be a front-running Ranger fan. We get what we deserve when people talk shit. 

Posting to a thread can simply be a fan and observing. Do your homework over the years - you'll see plenty of posts in the Rangers threads and about zero in the Astros threads. 

No need to be a douche. If it's something you can possibly avoid. 

I could have zero posts, even going back 10+ years with Shaggy post World Series meltdowns and / or 100 losses in '14 and it would have zero to do with someone making a general comment about the trade deadline and the innocuous response to it.  Whether it was made on a Rangers thread or not. 

Put your fan-policing pom poms down and take it easy. If you're still weirdly concerned about things give John Blake a call. 817-533-1972.

Move on, it will serve you well. 

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

you'll see plenty of posts in the Rangers threads

Those were your words. We both know that is fucking horseshit. You are now jumping on the wagon because we don’t suck. 

Here’s my only ask of you... Don’t do that same same dork-ass copy/paste shit you do on the football board. That shit is dumb as fuck, & every single person on dark mode sees it. 

If you’re cool with that, then we’re good. 

Kidding aside, I've watched more baseball in 6 weeks (and fallen in love again, as it were) than I have the past 6 years. I started the trial of FobuTV to watch and now I happily pay the monthly fee. I was excited and bought some new Rangers gear this weekend and am planning a trip to the ballpark with the family (something we haven't done in ages).

So yea, I guess I'm a front runner too-- like he said, it happens. Not being depressingly bad will do wonders for the turnout and interest of a team, who knew?

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Hook 'Em 1

That was a tough interview with Nadel. One of the best that game has ever seen. Three decades doing pxp for the team along with another 15 or so years on color with Holtz. The team hasn't been above .500 for a season in a long and having to miss this season just sucks for him. His mental health issues go way deep - all the way from losing interest in things that normally interested him to full-blow panic attacks, and in between. Sad deal. Sounds like he's coping the best he can. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We fucking killed him, unreal. 

On 4/20/2023 at 5:00 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Kumar is fine. His buddy, not so much. 

On 5/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, Get ln My Van said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they break Kumar into the big leagues by throwing him into a closer roll long term. Seems like he may have the make up for it.

https://www.lonestarball.com/2023/5/16/23726198/kumar-rocker-to-have-tommy-john-surgery