Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

14 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

IMG_2499.jpeg

The bleachers in that thing should have had their own lost and found section. But three candy bar labels would get you a freebie and when RIcky Henderson / his chatter were in town there was nothing better than a first row GA seat. He never failed to entertain, at bat, on the bases but more so when in the outfield between pitches. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

The bleachers in that thing should have had their own lost and found section. But three candy bar labels would get you a freebie and when RIcky Henderson / his chatter were in town there was nothing better than a first row GA seat. He never failed to entertain, at bat, on the bases but more so when in the outfield between pitches. 

I remember being 9 or so when Nolan got ejected for hitting Canseco in the back.  Crowd starts chanting "Bullshit! Bullshit!!" and throwing stuff on the field.  My cousin (same age) and I look up at our folks and they just shrug their shoulders, so we start chanting along with the crowd, and launching anything we could find from the left field bleachers.   Got a look from my mom in the car and a "I allowed it that time, but if i ever hear that coming out of your mouth again..." talk on the way home.  Great times at Turnpike Stadium.  

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I remember being 9 or so when Nolan got ejected for hitting Canseco in the back.  Crowd starts chanting "Bullshit! Bullshit!!" and throwing stuff on the field.  My cousin (same age) and I look up at our folks and they just shrug their shoulders, so we start chanting along with the crowd, and launching anything we could find from the left field bleachers.   Got a look from my mom in the car and a "I allowed it that time, but if i ever hear that coming out of your mouth again..." talk on the way home.  Great times at Turnpike Stadium.  

The ushers in that wasteland of bleachers occasionally seemed just as drunk as some of the fans. There was no enforcement on some of the signs, gestures and obscenities directed at Ricky. But he didn't get pissed, he just turned up his game to another level and gave just as well as he took. Never seen an athlete, an elite one, like him in that respect. But playing outfield, pre-pitch clock, and you've got tons of time to waste. He wasn't going to waste it. He embraced and made good use of it in his own special way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1