Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

So we just set a franchise record for consecutive road series wins. 

I'm just now starting to get in the MLB flow with NBA and NHL playoffs winding down - so someone that knows more than me explain. My read is that we are equipped for outscoring a lot of teams in the regular season but our pitching depth will put a hard ceiling on this team. 

Is there a chance that this team is actually, legitimately pretty good? Make a postseason run good?

I guess if we keep calling up relief guys like Andersen anything is possible. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So we just set a franchise record for consecutive road series wins. 

I'm just now starting to get in the MLB flow with NBA and NHL playoffs winding down - so someone that knows more than me explain. My read is that we are equipped for outscoring a lot of teams in the regular season but our pitching depth will put a hard ceiling on this team. 

Is there a chance that this team is actually, legitimately pretty good? Make a postseason run good?

I guess if we keep calling up relief guys like Andersen anything is possible. 

Team ERA was #4 in MLB coming in to play today.  Mostly due to starting pitching.  Degrom (if healthy, BIG if), Eovaldi, Grey/Heany would matchup against any rotation in a playoff series.

Bullpen ERA was a respectable 3.75 in March/April, but it's been a rough May.

Hopefully we had a couple of arms via trade in the next couple months.  Nobody wants to see Leclerc or Hernandez in a tie/1-run game down the stretch/potential playoff game.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The pen we have in September/October won’t be the one we have now. A +132 run differential through 54 ain’t a fluke. 

The big if is obviously deGrom. Rolling him/Eovaldi/Gray/Heaney or Perez gives us a chance against anyone, most of the AL isn’t very good. 

Plus in the postseason at least one of those starters plus (as long as DeGrom is healthy) Dunning will be in the pen, making it better than it is now….

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, SameSame said:

Attention to the bottom right, that 78 was the lowest in the majors yesterday and the lowest in any game for a while.  

Fxi0VA1aMAA0Y7_?format=jpg&name=medium

Easy to have a high called ball accuracy when your called strike accuracy is fucking 78%.