Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

So how’s the progress of Jack Leiter and Kumar Rocker? I’ll go ahead and apologize now cause I don’t keep up with the team like I used to. When you don’t get Bally Sports and can’t watch it’s hard to want to keep up. 

So how’s the progress of Jack Leiter and Kumar Rocker? I’ll go ahead and apologize now cause I don’t keep up with the team like I used to. When you don’t get Bally Sports and can’t watch it’s hard to want to keep up. 

Kumar Rocker got his Tommy John a week or two ago.

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Kumar Rocker got his Tommy John a week or two ago.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Rocker dead, see him late next year. 

Leiter has been pretty good lately in AA after a real shitty start. 

Thanks guys

10 hours ago, castolon said:

Owen had himself a shit ton of walks in that Arkansas series too.

10 hours ago, castolon said:

Tep and Jeff Wilson have been all over something being different with leiter other than just results. I’ve been around long enough to have no hope but whatever yay exciting things

From what I gather, reading between the lines is that with Jack they told him to go out and let his FB fuck and we'll worry about the secondaries. He's been in a much better place mentally.

Also, Owen has a nerve issue he's been pitching through.  It's in his neck I think. Not sure why they are still letting him pitch. But that's why his velo is down and he hasn't been as good. 

3 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Pretty amazing all the things that went right for Adolis to even be here.

Not a bad pickup for cash considerations. Thanks Cardinals.

Quickly climbing my list of favorite Rangers all-time.  Gonna be hard to break into the highest tier (Pudge/Beltre/Juan/Nolan/Rusty/etc), but he's cleared some of the mid-tier guys....and I barely get to watch the damn games.  

Finally, the biggest mystery surrounding the Rangers has been solved. We now know the reason Jonah Heim chopped his long hair off over the weekend.

Reason? Make that: Reasons.

Heim had not cut his hair since 2019 before cropping it tight over the weekend.

“First of all, my wife told me I looked like Lord Farquaad [of Shrek fame],” Heim said Wednesday. “But also, when we play on the road outdoors and the wind blows, it was getting in my eyes. And the final reason: In Detroit, I was having pizza and I went to take a bite of it and bit my hair also.”

Uh, well that’s gross.  But other stuff worked out OK for Heim since his last haircut. He met his wife, Kenzie, had two children and became the Rangers’ starting catcher. He began Wednesday second in the majors in WAR among catchers, according to Fangraphs.com, at 2.3. And there didn’t seem to be a Samson effect from the cut. Entering Wednesday, Heim was 6 for 14 with seven RBIs since he went to the barber.

Heim also said that Kenzie had suggested a different trim than the shortcut he went with.

“She suggested a mullet,” he said. “But I vetoed that.”

What is the reasoning behind playing Grossman so much? Seems like he plays nearly every day despite being terrible when we have several other outfield options who actually hit the ball well. How are we not playing one of Jankowski, Taveras, or Duran in left field more consistently?

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Leody is our CF, just a day off. Grossman was signed to start against lefties, that's why he played yesterday. Bruce said this was a pre-planned day off for Adolis. Grossman will start against virtually every lefty, very few righties going forward with everyone healthy. 

I know he's a CF. Just saying on days Jankowski gets the start at CF. Just tired fo seeing his play in the field and at the plate.

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

.273/.358./418/.776 - Grossman in '23 against lefties 

.278/.376/.414/.789 - Grossman career against lefties 

He's making a whopping $2.5M & doing exactly what was expected. Corey getting hurt was the main reason he played out there so much earlier. 

If he starts to just be a guy who hits against lefties, great. But 128 of his 183 ABs have come against RHP and been disastrous. Hopefully with guys healthy it goes back to a platoon.

Thanks.