Game #10 P.B. - BIG MONDAY - #5 Texas @ #9 Kansas; 8pm ESPN

Js1

7 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

It’s the subtle bullshit whistles like this, and the travel on Hunter early in the second half that wear me out

Yeah how was that a travel on hunter but when their pg takes 2 steps and passes it’s not a travel?  Either you get steps after possession or you don’t. 

and how was that not a flop on Kansas?

Just now, ztejas said:

Good game from Timmy. Carr was great after the early turnovers. Mitchell was pretty good. Outside of that a lot of meh. Tyrese is just a fucking enigma at this point. He looks disinterested 80% of the time on both ends of the floor. 

I'm not sure it's disinterest. I think he's in his head about fucking up on both ends, and that causes him to hesitate. Whoever signed him up to take a course from the Devin Askew School of Guard Play should be fired.

Just now, Sheep Have Wool said:

I'm not sure it's disinterest. I think he's in his head about fucking up on both ends, and that causes him to hesitate. Whoever signed him up to take a course from the Devin Askew School of Guard Play should be fired.

D is pretty straightforward and instinctual, though. I can buy that he's in his own head when it comes to running the offense but defense is mostly effort and focus - it's not like there's a ton of decision making. 

Wasn't he like B12 DPOY last season or some shit? I think he was at least first team.

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

Maybe he is so worried about the cramping it is affecting his play?  Going 60 percent to avoid the cramping

I've been wondering that.  Hard to cramp up if you spend half the time on the court standing in the corner alone and not going for any loose balls.  It's not easy to pull off a zero rebound game with as many minutes as he gets.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

D is pretty straightforward and instinctual, though. I can buy that he's in his own head when it comes to running the offense but defense is mostly effort and focus - it's not like there's a ton of decision making. 

Wasn't he like B12 DPOY last season or some shit? I think he was at least first team.

Well we don't really have any rim protection either.  Some of his defensive woes could be related to his teammates also playing pretty poorly on defense. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Love the resiliency from the team.  We are the more talented team, too, but sloppiness from us and KU home court (along with corresponding ref advantage) makes it hard to win.

Don’t love slow starts becoming a thing like TCU football this year (exciting comebacks are great … until you don’t come back and it just snowballs), nor giving up around 90 to a Kansas team that is very bereft of high level talent and scorers compared to their usual rosters.  We still need to improve our defensive focus and embrace that we’re a grind it out team, not a team that’s built to run and gun and outscore people.  

🙄there will be more Kansas players in the NBA from this team than Longhorns. 

Meh we were expected to lose both games and came out 1-1 in the state of Kansas. That’s a win.

theres no need to be angry or upset with this loss. We will get them back when the come to Moody. Winning the conference is still 200% attainable. 

This isn’t a bad loss.

• Hook 'Em 4