2023 P/K Reed Malphurs

texasdago

Sounds like a PWO.

https://www.kohlskicking.com/player-profiles/reed-malphurs

"The trajectory he creates is also towards the top of his class nationally and if can consistency lock his leg out through ball/foot contact He can become one of the top field goal kickers in the 2023 Class."

Reed Malphurs, 6-6, 205, Sr., Dallas Hillcrest

Yes, you read those measurables correctly. After booting a 57-yard field goal against Seagoville as a junior last year, the sizable kicker turned the heads of scouts and helped the Panthers to a 7-4 season and a playoff berth.

His accuracy and power helped him earn District 6-4A Special Teams Player of the Year and honorable mention on the Texas Sports Writers Class 5A All-State Team.

Malphrus, who also punts and plays wide receiver for Hillcrest, has not committed to a college. He is garnering interest from big-time Power 5 programs like Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi State, TCU and Texas Tech, among others.

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 9

37 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

This kid is kicking the shit out of the ball and it looks like he's barely even touching it. I just watched him whack it 70+ yards (35 second mark) and it looked like he wasn't even trying.

Exactly what I came here to say. He's barely following through at all and the ball is going 70+ yards. No idea if he'll ever amount to anything or what his accuracy's actually like but he seems like a very nice gamble at PWO to me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

He's already a weapon as is. I don't know how much you mess with his technique. Someone who grills shrimp on a barbee should probably answer that question. I don't care if he kicks standing on his head, as long as he is consistent at long range. As mentioned, he also looks lilke a legit athlete and that's always a good thing.

On 2/7/2023 at 5:13 PM, Reese Bennett said:

I'm no kicking expert but watching this guy kick and based on stuff I've read about Tucker, it seems our boy Reed has some additional power to unlock.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13670497/616f6087b53e820590ea22b0

Really appreciate hudl circling the kicker so we know which guy to watch. 

• Haha 1