Yacht Rock Radio is back

Sbbruin

On 6/23/2018 at 9:28 PM, smoky said:

I'm no Yacht Rock professional, but the latest Dawes album, Passwords, sounds like they're angling for some Yacht Rock radio airplay.

I whisper this about War on Drugs sometimes, though it's probably blasphemy. Yacht rock doesn't have to be cheesy IMO

On 6/23/2018 at 8:28 PM, smoky said:

I'm no Yacht Rock professional, but the latest Dawes album, Passwords, sounds like they're angling for some Yacht Rock radio airplay.

I miss the old Dawes.  One of the few millennial bands I stopped yelling at clouds to listen to.  New Dawes sucks.  

23 minutes ago, smuggs said:

As I have heard it, Ambrosia was going to try to move away from soft rock and into heavier metal, but David Pack wrote this and it went top 3, and they said "fuck it, (yacht) rock it is!"

11 minutes ago, crackamacgowski said:

If I have to hear Yah-mo be there one more time I’m gonna yah-mo burn this place to the ground.

Yeah, they mix in some dogshit, like the aforementioned "Him", yah-mo-be there, and a handful of other bullshit songs that knock me off my smooth ride.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 8:01 AM, smuggs said:

Deserves some credit for one of the creepiest all time videos though:

On 6/26/2018 at 10:00 PM, Lat22 said:

Y’all are nuts. Rupert is awesome. The song I cannot listen to (and they play way too often) is Into The Night by Benny Mardones. 

Rupert is pretty strong, but he's got nothing on Bertie.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:27 PM, cabowabo said:

The fact that they play an abbreviated version of Baby Come Back, one of Yacht Rock's most important songs, is fucking unforgivable.  

If you’re going to have a hit, you got to make it fit so they cut it down to 3:05...

On 6/27/2018 at 6:01 AM, smuggs said:

Deserves some credit for one of the creepiest all time videos though:

Wow, I hear this all the time, and never paid attention to the lyrics.  Holy shit.  Chris Hanson would like Benny to have a seat over there.

And I kinda like that song.  I feel a little dirty.  

Edited by Sbbruin

On 6/25/2018 at 7:44 AM, cabowabo said:

They play Gerry Rafferty way too much, and that results in an immediate channel change for me. 

On some level, maybe, I can understand Baker Street grating on you after a while because it's overplayed. But you're going to change the channel on Right Down the Line? That's just wrong.

• Like 2