Warsher Lid Closure detector- Cletus related

Anyone ever bypass or MacGyver a broken switch with foil and tape on there to fake out the machine?

what's the risk besides being so much of a dumbass that I wouldn't know not to put my hand in the drum while spinning?

Edited by slorch

• Guest changed the title to Warsher Lid Closure detector- Cletus related
4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Why wouldn't you just replace the switch?

That would be...too civilized.

Full confession-  I'd been daydrinking and fuck going anywhere to get a switch.

Bitch works now.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Now my fucking dryer isn't heating.

Gonna check thermal fuse.

Everything at fucking once...

Not the worst problem to have. We had a set we loved for about ~8 years.  Dryer needed work so I rebuilt entire thing, where, belt, blower fan, etc.   Few hundred bucks and it was quieter than new.   60 days later, washer has a $650 part go out.  Fuck. You.    And I hate the new set we replaced with.  

• Rage+1 1

On 2/13/2023 at 2:42 PM, Gil Bang said:

the dryer might be a circuit breaker (if it's electric).  If one side of a double is blown, it can spin but not heat.

been out of town for a funeral for 4 days. You gave me hope.   LOL.  Nah breakers are still good.

Gonna replace the thermal fuse tomorrow.

been out of town for a funeral for 4 days. You gave me hope.   LOL.  Nah breakers are still good.
Gonna replace the thermal fuse tomorrow.

You can buy a kit with about 4 or 5 of the most common solutions on Amazon for less than $50. I did that because I figured at some point, I’d need the rest of the stuff. Checked the fuse and replaced it. Cleaned a little bit of lint out and it was good to go.

So i ended up breaking down the dryer- I did not have the convenient little fuse by the back access panel-  FANTASYLAND!!!! lol.

I took off the front wall  of the dryer, removed the drum and holy shite, right there!!!! the wire to the heating element is burnt to a crisp right at the connector.  Per YouTube, this isn't all that unusual and the fix was pretty damned simple- cut the wire back and add a new connector.  Reassemble that shit and go.

I rewarded myself with Larceny BarrelProof Bourbon.   I'm satisfied with that.    It was pretty damned fulfilling doing that shit today.

That little fucking wire was hard as shit to find during covid. The supply one supply house in that I found one in, told me that one of their regulars bought 47 of the last 48 they had.  I got the 48th.  Shit you had undetermined, as lead times all over the internet. I felt damn lucky just to have the part.  Assuming it's the part with two different size female clips that so often burns out. 

I miss my old beater gas dryer that I tossed when replacing with the the "newish" front loading set.  

One a side note the wife was putting in some enchiladas this Sunday and it looked like the oven light was flickering on and off from the living room.  I was not the light. Instead it was the electric burner failing as the burner rod began to melt.  It looked like a welder when the outer bit of metal burned away.  Glad as fuck we were not cooking something big where we put it in the oven and do outside chores. So after having my whole house flood 18 months ago, the oven could have easily lit up and at least smoke damaged the whole place we finally have put all back together.

Good luck with your appliances boys and girls!  Might be a good time for me to check my dryer vent hose, before some other appliance tries to ruin my life.