Rocky 1-5

Vic Mackey

Rocky 1 is a masterpiece of cinema.

2 is cashing in on its success

3 was perfect for its time. Mr T was at the height of his celebrity and represented everything Rocky used to he.

4 was also perfect for its time. Height of the cold War and US propaganda was constantly reminding us how terrible the soviets were. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Thanks for the Rocky Balboa recommendation. This should have been Rocky 5. Much better.

As mentioned upthread, 5 was such an embarrassment that he decided to essentially remake 1 as best he could to give his character a better ending.  Just pretend 5 doesn’t exist.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Me And my daughter have been working through the Rocky movies. We recently finished Rocky V.

Her thoughts on the Rocky series so far:

- Adrian is a terrible character and should have been killed off in Rocky I.

- Rocky V was horrible. She tried to bail on it halfway through the movie.

- Rocky III and IV are her favorites. She is convinced Drago was married to a man.

- She really really doesn't like Adrian.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/12/2023 at 1:11 PM, Hermanator said:

Carl Weathers played for John Madden with the Raiders. Madden had told the story of when he came up to John to tell him he was quitting the NFL to make movies and Madden told him he was nuts. Then a couple years later he's in Rocky. 

Madden didn’t think much of him as a player. He went to Canada before quitting after getting his degree. 

On 2/13/2023 at 10:34 AM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Very little real dialogue in Rocky IV. It's something like 40% montage. Peak 80's and I love it.

Pretty sure 10% of every Rocky sequel was recapping the events of the previous movies in montage form. Bumped it up to 20% for IV. Then 30% training montage. 30% fight. 10% "You're going to die if you fight him, Rocky!" Fin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

There is no Rocky V. Next thing you'll tell me there's a third Godfather.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My reference is indy4

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

Never heard of it

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And why would you have 

Just glad the rumored Caddyshack II never came to pass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/14/2023 at 7:43 PM, F250 said:

Me And my daughter have been working through the Rocky movies. We recently finished Rocky V.

Her thoughts on the Rocky series so far:

- Adrian is a terrible character and should have been killed off in Rocky I.

- Rocky V was horrible. She tried to bail on it halfway through the movie.

- Rocky III and IV are her favorites. She is convinced Drago was married to a man.

- She really really doesn't like Adrian.

Rocky II would have been the best time to kill off Adrian.  But what if . . . we kill her off instead of Mickey in Rocky III.  Micky moves in with Rocky and they both decide to retire.  Buddy comedy.  Mickey's the clean freak; Rocky's the slob.  Apollo has to come in to get Rocky out of retirement and train him.  Mickey watches Rocky, Jr. while they go to LA.  We find some other way to inspire Rocky in L.A.  Paulie maybe?

On 2/14/2023 at 1:41 PM, MissingInAction said:

3 was perfect for its time. Mr T was at the height of his celebrity and represented everything Rocky used to he.

4 was also perfect for its time. Height of the cold War and US propaganda was constantly reminding us how terrible the soviets were. 

Stallone discovered Mr T when he was a bouncer and Rocky 3 was his big break in 82 the A-Team started in 83. 1985 was when Gorbachev took power Glastnost and Perestroika aka the end of the cold war. Other than that spot on

• Hook 'Em 3

Rocky IV is the greatest time and place movie of all time.  And depending on your age is your favorite Rocky, and maybe even sports movie.  It's basically a perfect movie for 1985, said everything everyone in Murica wanted.  

It's not the best written, it's not the best acted, but it's the perfect Rocky for what Rocky was for.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, uoftorange said:

Rocky IV is the greatest time and place movie of all time.  And depending on your age is your favorite Rocky, and maybe even sports movie.  It's basically a perfect movie for 1985, said everything everyone in Murica wanted.  

It's not the best written, it's not the best acted, but it's the perfect Rocky for what Rocky was for.

I was 8 years old and watched it at a movie theater in Corpus.  People were standing up cheering when he won.

On 2/12/2023 at 2:26 PM, wutang75 said:

Rocky 4 is one of the greatest gifts cinema has given the world. I could listen to the soundtrack on the treadmill every day and never get tired of it.

1. Training Montage
2. War
3. Burning Heart
4. Eye of the Tiger
5. Hearts on fire
6. No Easy Way Out
7. Sweetest Victory
8. Going the Distance

e18bc5e73c0c41a5a9ca08f39ea403be.gif

I'm going to Philadelphia with the special lady friend at the end of March. I'll of course be running up the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and triumphantly raising my arms...unless I pull a middle-aged hammy. I may or may not don the all gray sweats.

I'll also be addressing the special lady friend as "HEY WOMAN! HEY WOMAN!" the whole weekend in honor of Clubber Lang. She'll probably like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

I'm going to Philadelphia with the special lady friend at the end of March. I'll of course be running up the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and triumphantly raising my arms...unless I pull a middle-aged hammy. I may or may not don the all gray sweats.

I'll also be addressing the special lady friend as "HEY WOMAN! HEY WOMAN!" the whole weekend in honor of Clubber Lang. She'll probably like that.

Hey, gofuckyourself.Take her to the zoo. I hear retards like the zoo. | Rocky (1976) | Video  clips by quotes | 43fd8742 | 紗 - YARN

23 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

"Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man."