People acting like whiny old people

texasdago

12 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I've started noticing more and more friends becoming a bunch of old farts (male and female)... 

"Waaaah... there's no good live music anymore"

"Waaah... these bands suck"

"Waaaah... the Super Bowl commercials aren't funny anymore"

"Did you see Rihanna grab her cootchie?  Won't anyone think of the children?"

"Boo hoo... Austin was so much better in 197x, 198x, 199x, 200x, etc. etc. (saw someone say four years ago)"

Uggggggghhhh... bunch of people yelling at clouds.  That's no way to go through life.  Snap out of it.  Enjoy life already.  Bunch of fogeys... WTF.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

"Waaah...all my friends are a bunch of fogeys."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

After paddleboarding at Party Island I need to

1. find new friends

2. go hit up some live music

3. ????

4. profit

Oh, there's also, "this concert is too loud/crowded".  F it... let's stand right in front of the stage.  

Edited by texasdago

It's the natural cycle of getting older. It's also why old people tend to get more conservative. Our brains are hard-wired to hate and reject change.

That being said, TexasDago totally thumbing through an article in some men's mag about style over 60. You can take your bedazzled and skinny jeans over his dead body, sirs.

The Guide to New, Stylish Men's Jeans for Guys Over 50

• Haha 2

Just now, miguelito said:

You can't stop what's coming.

During one of the NFL conference championship games, one of those “don’t turn into your parents” commercials played. Normally they’re very funny to me. During this one I noticed that I do two or three of the things mentioned. Fuck me. Ruined my evening. 

• Haha 3

Considering how divisive things have gotten in this country, I intend to teach my son this lesson, and I remind myself every now and then, since it's going to be good for me moving forward (I'm 43):

"Change is a natural part of life. Change is always going to happen, and a lot of times it's going to happen in ways that you don't like. You might even hate. And it's going to be ok, because you have to understand that during the course of your life, everything you know will change several times. Our job is to make sure we move past things a find ways for ourselves and loved ones to find happiness despite change."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Take your own advice here and stop caring. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but it doesn’t mean you have to look at it. 

100%

There are more platforms today to bitch where it makes people think that their opinions are important. This website is one of them.

People still need to recognize that no one gives a fuck and shouldn’t.

In today’s world, if something is going on that they don’t like, they bitch until it disappears rather than choosing to just ignore it and go on with their life.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, twosheds said:

I’ll be fifty five next month. I do notice that things irritate me more than they used to. I try to have a constant awareness not to turn into an angry old man. Even though I think I have earned it.

Avoid the football & CR forums….. that will help. 😄

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

OP's midlife crisis is adorable.  Stage one tends to be noticing how old your friends are acting.  Once you do your damnedest to convince yourself you're not like them, the painful and prolonged hangover will slap you back into reality.  Ride out that low point, and things will eventually even out for you.  Hang in there.

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

OP needs to get off Facebook. 

Here's the winning response.  Yeah... no doubt I swear I see some people becoming old slovenly fatasses with grumpy opinions on just about anything/everything.  Its the same people who shake their fist at God when the ACL line-up because some 90s band isn't in the lineup.  I just haven't gone down that path... I try to stay an optimist so that's why some of the bitching just grates me but, yeah, I should just let those people wallow in their misery and go on with my life.  Its a different way to say, "I don't care what you think"

Where do I start the thread of minivans and Crocs?

Edited by texasdago

there's a lot to the get off the types of social media that allows morons to espouse their moronic opinions.  it does nothing good for you.  have a sense of humor about your changes and the areas your resist changes and keep in mind it is all fucking irrelevant.  i really enjoyed the first season of true detective for a couple of profound moments in the show...

1) the first was the exposition of alexandra d'addario's utterly insane and perfect tits.

2) the second was the convo between woody and his father-in-law that i often use to regulate myself whenever i start becoming a cliche like most of the posters on this board.

i often have to remind myself of this when i do my weekly check in on the top streamed music in the u.s. on spotify/apple.  the majority of it is objectively the shittiest imaginable garbage ever conceived of...but this video keeps me a bit more even keeled about it all despite my love of great music.  it's so fucking true.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Other day while waiting to be seated at a restaurant, I overheard an old man (75+) telling someone else how EVERYTHING is going downhill in this country.

I didn't waste my breath talking to him but I think the opposite. Today is the best day ever in the US.  Is it perfect? Will it ever be perfect. No and no.

• Hook 'Em 2

I hear a *lot* of the "there's no good music anymore" from people my age group (mid-40s). Usually these are people who were big grunge fans in high school and are waiting for the next Pearl Jam.

First off all, lol.  Secondly, I always tell these people that this is literally the greatest time ever for music because you have access to an infinite catalog of new (or old) music and can explore everything on your own without being told what's good by FM radio or MTV. 

If they insist that they've scoured all of those resources and they still can't find anything good, I just tell them that they're old. Then they get pissed off.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I hear a *lot* of the "there's no good music anymore" from people my age group (mid-40s). Usually these are people who were big grunge fans in high school and are waiting for the next Pearl Jam.

First off all, lol.  Secondly, I always tell these people that this is literally the greatest time ever for music because you have access to an infinite catalog of new (or old) music and can explore everything on your own without being told what's good by FM radio or MTV. 

If they insist that they've scoured all of those resources and they still can't find anything good, I just tell them that they're old. Then they get pissed off.

It all comes down to most selfishly wanting things to be for them. Music, movies, culture, whatever. "didn't like Rihanna's halftime? No one cares since you were not the key audience."

Rock music has absolutely diminished in attention over the last 20-25 years but could it also be that rock fans are not going to shows. And I don't mean the $300 Bruce Springsteen limited tour but rather local acts for $10 on a Wednesday night.

• Hook 'Em 1