2023 College Baseball Showdown Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

36 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I dont expect this team to get to Omaha

That’s unacceptable here.  Every year the expectation should be to make it.   It’s baseball so of course you won’t make it every year.   But it pisses me off that apparently Pierce thinks showing up with a roster that’s green and jaggy is ok in any year.  

• Hook 'Em 4

53 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That and we ass-blasted everyone the first 11 games last year and 2 and q'ed in Omaha.

Year before, we got ass-blasted in the opening tournament and for a while thereafter and finished third in the nation, losing squeakers to the national champion.

We'll see.

Yeah. It is about how you are playing in June, not February.

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

I was..um..surprised to see Sam Walbridge out there with the game on the line. I really don't know what to think so far. 

The optimist in me (and twilight zone thinking) wonders if Pierce prioritized experience for the staff vs the win.   If solely going for the win,  seems he likely would have left Shaw in longer and sent Stuart out for the 9th vs Walbridge with very limited appearances.

As TwiceHorn mentions above,  this tournament  is not concrete to the end result.

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

That’s unacceptable here.  Every year the expectation should be to make it.   It’s baseball so of course you won’t make it every year.   But it pisses me off that apparently Pierce thinks showing up with a roster that’s green and jaggy is ok in any year.  

I agree, but this is kind of what Pierce does. Plays a tough OOC, puts the young dudes in pressure situations to see who's got it, then has a set lineup with pitching roles established come conference play. I'd love to go back to the 02-'11 days where we come out of the gate beating the shit out of everyone but I can't complain with the results he's given us. We just happen to have a lot of new faces. Kash transferring kinda fucked us over. We could use his bat. Fucking cocksucker 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

O’Hara might be the best defensive player on the roster. If he can hit even a little bit, he will be damn good.

Yeah if he can go ahead and beat out Daly putting him back at 2nd where he belongs that’d be nice. And I assume O’Dowd at 3rd would’ve made those plays Flores didn’t Friday night