2023 College Baseball Showdown Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Were you guys in the know skeptical of his offense?  Or was it his defense?

Honestly both. New faces everywhere isn’t promising early in the season. You know the drill, twice. We’ll have it figured out come April. Till then though….

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

This is the worst half inning of baseball I've ever seen Texas play. At least this weekend.

This ain’t good but man, I remember the 2016 Cal series being the worst I’ve ever seen. We got beat every which way in a 4 game series 

Just now, WBT said:

Can I add Morehouse and Sthele as weekend starters to my list of concerns?

I think Morehouse can be good.  He showed flashes last year and last night.  His ball has good action.  But…I’m not sure what anyone saw last year to think it would be a good idea to rely on Stehle as a starter.  

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

I think Morehouse can be good.  He showed flashes last year and last night.  His ball has good action.  But…I’m not sure what anyone saw last year to think it would be a good idea to rely on Stehle as a starter.  

Tbf he should have been out that last half inning fairly easy

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m just not sure what anyone expectations were. Without landing a Friday starter and a 20 hr bat in the portal there wasn’t going to be much production from this team. Especially early in the season. They will get better but I think it’s a bridge to far to expect much in the postseason.

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

I'm going to need daily inspirational texts from @Fletch at this point to have any hope for this season. Granted, again, it's all about April and May then it is February and March.

Counterpoint:

ted-lasso-hope-that-kills-you.gif.c40a917f58aaa6eea6a635831136b1d9.gif

I mean….yeah dude. I’m hitting the bong not happy but talk to me after spring break and let’s see where we are. 

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Yeah Stehle gives me no confidence. But Kubicheck was a weekend starter once upon a time. We’ll see how it shakes out 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I’m just not sure what anyone expectations were. Without landing a Friday starter and a 20 hr bat in the portal there wasn’t going to be much production from this team. Especially early in the season. They will get better but I think it’s a bridge to far to expect much in the postseason.

Too*

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Expectations surely included fielding ground balls cleanly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t think any of us expected to start the season 10-0 but that last half inning looked worse than the bad news bears…