2023 NCAA Baseball

WBT

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:
On 3/3/2023 at 10:22 PM, Fletch said:
Insane. I was told aggy surpassed us as a baseball program. This can’t be right 

If you ‘d take off your homer Texas glasses, you’d see that Aggy has more future NCAA baseball championships than your past ones. 

They always do. And loads of hypothetical past ones.

Gata wins another run rule game.  The more I think about it the more I don’t like it.  Maybe the leading team’s Ace has reached his pitch count and they have absolute junk in the bullpen.  And while you sure can’t count on getting 10 runs in two innings, its not like that has never happened in the history of baseball.

Suspended indefinitely. 

"After a thorough review of the New Orleans and Mississippi Valley State baseball contest on March 10, 2023, the Southland Conference confirmed the home plate umpire's conduct and actions were deemed detrimental to the Conference and in violation of Section 3 Character and Conduct of the CCA Mechanics Manual for Baseball," the conference said in a statement Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 3/8/2023 at 8:48 PM, Gatorubet said:

Gata wins another run rule game.  The more I think about it the more I don’t like it.  Maybe the leading team’s Ace has reached his pitch count and they have absolute junk in the bullpen.  And while you sure can’t count on getting 10 runs in two innings, its not like that has never happened in the history of baseball.

Gata wins again by run rule today. Sienna, 12-2 in the 7th. 

I still don’t like it.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:28 AM, Loop 1604 said:

Fake UT is just so easy to hate. Not sure why.

Oh, maybe because their outfielders routinely accidentally on-purpose knock their caps off while jogging in to catch easy pop flies so as to reveal their flowing locks of Lynyrd Skynyrd roadie hair to an adoring home crowd.

You know, just for starters.

22 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Gata downs Bama 3-0 at their place.  

3 hits and 3 runs for the good guys.

Sproat threw a complete game one hit shutout of the Tahd. If we play two complete games tomorrow, that sure helps our bullpen.

Took the second game and series 8 to 7, walk off single in the ninth. 

4-2 phants in 5th

On 3/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Is Lemonis on the hot seat if Mississippi State has another dud of a season after finishing dead last in the SEC last season?

Foxhall  would have to go. I have mixed emotions on if we should clean ship.. that first NC in program history buys you a lot of leeway... but not a lifetime contract. 

this weekend was plan ugly and doesn't provide much hope... 

Edited by msudawg

2 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Foxhall  would have to go. I have mixed emotions on if we should clean ship.. that first NC in program history buys you a lot of leeway... but not a lifetime contract. 

this weekend was plan ugly and doesn't provide much hope... 

That's insane.

Lemonis always seemed like a little bit of an odd hire to me in the first place. Really good recruiter, but had never spent any time near the SEC during his career and was good at Indiana but not anything special especially considering they went to Omaha right before he arrived.

I guess credit to Cohen though because he could have easily just promoted Henderson from interim coach after 2018 and the guy he chose got the school a national championship. All good things come to an end eventually though.

Edited by Hookem2147