2023 NCAA Baseball

WBT

On 4/12/2023 at 11:52 PM, petscii said:

https://fgcuathletics.com/news/2023/4/11/baseball-mr-102-ellis-sets-national-record-in-no-15-eagles-loss.aspx

Mark Payton's consecutive games safely reaching base record has been broken.  Has it really been ten years?

Yes. Yes it has. He's the same age as me and I'm pissed it's already been 10 years....

On 4/17/2023 at 11:55 AM, Eugene11 said:

So. Are there really any scary teams out there other then lsu? Maybe Florida…

We are pretty banged up and do not have that crucial guaranteed first win starting pitcher this year.  OTOH, our hitting is damn good, and we have a ton of arms in our second tier bullpen that can get us through a losers bracket if our bats are hot. 

1 hour ago, petscii said:

Their Friday starter vs your Tuesday starter.  Their season vs your midweek throwaway game.

You make a really excellent point, except for the fact that MO State started a reliever, and Sam's and Nicholls' starters both pitched 1 inning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I’m curious about top 10 teams Coastal Carolina and Campbell. Are they legit or not?

No shame in losing to Wake for Carolina but getting run ruled is not a good look. And Duke has been good so shutting down Campbell isn’t a surprise.

Coastal is 7 in RPI

Campbell is 31

I think that should tell you that Coastal is pretty legit, but Campbell may not be as legit as they appear.

49 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I’m curious about top 10 teams Coastal Carolina and Campbell. Are they legit or not?

No shame in losing to Wake for Carolina but getting run ruled is not a good look. And Duke has been good so shutting down Campbell isn’t a surprise.

I think ECU is in that group too. They are ranked 12th but are 7-5 in the AAC and seem to be losing to any team with a pulse right now.

Some of these smaller schools are master RPI manipulators. DBU has 1 Q1 win and a SOS of 67, yet has a top 20 RPI.

There are some wide eyed bumblefucks in the stands and on the field at the arky game wow. It’s gonna be culture shock. Dunno about football but I have to admit our boys seem more like west coast baseball players than these sister goat fuckers in the south. Sweet Jesus. 

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I would be absolutely flabbergasted at anything untoward coming out of Tuscaloosa.

I'm almost certain it's a "lowell lebermann" scenario and not something cooked up by the players themselves...

Statement: "Greg Byrne announced he has initiated the termination process for head baseball coach Brad Bohannon for, among other things, violating the standards, duties, and responsibilities expected of University employees."

"Bohannon has been relieved of all duties and Jason Jackson will serve as the interim head coach. There will be no further comment at this time pending an ongoing review.”

Hmm.... caught with his dick in an intern or being a raging asshole to the staff?

Place your bets...

Fuck, looks like it might even be toed to the issues with several states pulling betting lines on Bama baseball...

Edited by Laxtonto

On 4/26/2023 at 10:13 AM, NorthLoop said:

I will forever root against ECU. Fucking trash school and trash fans. 

As someone who gets to enjoy the scenic splendor of Greenville, NC once or twice a month... they're pretty fun when they're not playing your team.

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Hmm.... caught with his dick in an intern or being a raging asshole to the staff? Place your bets...

Worse than dropping a series to Columbia as a ranked team?

20 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Hmm.... caught with his dick in an intern or being a raging asshole to the staff?

Place your bets...

Fuck, looks like it might even be toed to the issues with several states pulling betting lines on Bama baseball...

Should have given his best player a murder weapon. Would have gotten a raise 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Article on the issue.   Looking at the stats,  Moza had only pitched 7 inn this year,  rarely used on weekends, second worst era on the team.    Friday game,  bullpen was rested.    Tough for the players,  overall #22 rpi,  postseason team at this time.

Excerpt:

LSU, ranked No. 1 nationally, won by a final score of 8-6. However, a possibly unusual sequence of events during the bottom of the sixth inning when the Tigers were hitting helped them secure the win. LSU, the significant betting favorite before the game, was up 4-1 going into the bottom of the sixth.

According to a game recap from SECSports.com, with the bases loaded and two outs, pitcher Aidan Moza replaced Kade Woods for the Crimson Tide. Moza hit the first batter he faced with the first pitch he threw, forcing in a run. He then walked the next two batters, giving up two more runs. By the time he secured the third out, LSU had blown the game open by extending its lead to 7-1. Those three runs allowed by Moza proved crucial when the Crimson Tide’s rally in the ninth inning fell short. Alabama lost by two.

“LSU scores off hit-by-pitch and two straight walks to go up 7-1. What’s happening here?” said an SEC baseball analyst in a video recap of the game.

The sixth inning proved the most pivotal of the game for the Tigers, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything nefarious happened in the inning. Moza has not been accused of any wrongdoing. Furthermore, no player on either team has been accused of wrongdoing in the game.

https://www.forbes.com/betting/baseball/lsu-alabama-scandal/

I am curious how many other times has this happened? It is possible that they shut down betting bases off of unusual activity on this one game, but to stop offering lines for all Bama games means that when they went back through the data on bets on Bama that there were other games that a large bet was made prior to the public release of info that would have shifted the lines.

Would be real interesting to go back and look at other injury news and when it comes out for Bama this year. The timing and how you can exploit it is a big deal.

Alabama fired baseball coach Brad Bohannon after he was found to be connected with betting activity in Ohio concerning the LSU-Alabama game on Friday, two people with knowledge of the investigation told The Athletic.

The article is just a big rehash, but the relevant part I included.. "Connected" is doing a lot of work in this and other articles, but the followup of no athletes being involved means either he passed the info on or he found out his trainers etc were and turned a blind eye to it. Either way, it sounds like he is proper fucked.

Image of Who's proper fucked now, then?

5 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Rumor I heard:

Pulled their ace Friday night about 2 hours before game time, must've told someone(s).  

People started unloading on LSU

Because otherwise, people would have bet on Alabama to beat #1 LSU with Skenes pitching in Alex Box?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Because otherwise, people would have bet on Alabama to beat #1 LSU with Skenes pitching in Alex Box?

After 2004 CWS, I would never bet on another college baseball game as long as I live...

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Rumor I heard:

Pulled their ace Friday night about 2 hours before game time, must've told someone(s).  

People started unloading on LSU

"Ace" was relative in terms of performance for the Bama starter. The line was already LSU +275 because Skenes was starting for LSU. But regardless, if you bet LSU to win before the line moved to +350 your payout on a 100k bet would vary by about 5k. So if you already know you are going to lose, bet before the move happens and inflates teh LSU line I guess