OUsucks @ #6 Texas - 1pm, ESPN+

Js1

Just now, UTEE97 said:

Iowa State, BU (road), TCU (road) and KU to close out the conference play. We better start playing a lot better or there are at least 2-3 losses in there.

Today’s effort is 0-4. Team has to get their heads out of their asses 

• Hook 'Em 2

So on that last disu foul- replay showed that both defender’s feet were outside the restricted area, but disu’s foot was in it. Doesn’t that all by itself show that the defender was too close and inside the imaginary cylinder?

also the team made more than one bonehead decision at the end of regulation and at the end of overtime to let ou back into it both times. 5 second call on Allen, foul 5 on brock were the worst. 

I blame players and coaches for those errors.  I blame everyone!

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

So on that last disu foul- replay showed that both defender’s feet were outside the restricted area, but disu’s foot was in it. Doesn’t that all by itself show that the defender was too close and inside the imaginary cylinder?

Expecting competent officiating?

american ninja warrior lol GIF by NBC

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We have terrible PG and interior play. We are relying heavily on jump shots, which is not a recipe for success in the tourney.

Counterpoint: teams with scoring guards and teams who make their free throws tend to do well in the tourney.

Yeah, we looked like shit against an inferior opponent today.  But it's the Big 12.  And we came from something like 8 down with 8 to play to get the win.  This team is frustratingly inconsistent, but they've got heart in spades.  No lead is safe against us, and I find that encouraging.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We have terrible PG and interior play. We are relying heavily on jump shots, which is not a recipe for success in the tourney.

We have very good guard play. We have spotty interior play. We have awful Hunter play. 

We had a bad game and won. Not an indictment on Terry. Anxious for Tuesday. Of course we must play better. 

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Counterpoint: teams with scoring guards and teams who make their free throws tend to do well in the tourney.

Yeah, we looked like shit against an inferior opponent today.  But it's the Big 12.  And we came from something like 8 down with 8 to play to get the win.  This team is frustratingly inconsistent, but they've got heart in spades.  No lead is safe against us, and I find that encouraging.

Point taken. The thing with relying heavily on jump shots though is that you're bound to have a night off from time to time. 

33 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Our defense is atrocious, hard to believe we’ve lost that completely. We didn’t move the ball on offense. Shortened bench, bigs played awful in regulation. Not much to like

They move the ball so slow on offense and you watch teams they play zip it around. The defense is just mind boggling how you take one coach away from a staff and it’s totally different.  

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

They move the ball so slow on offense and you watch teams they play zip it around. The defense is just mind boggling how you take one coach away from a staff and it’s totally different.  

. . . and the coach who took over was the "defensive" assistant.

• Rage+1 1

This has been a brutal season for OU.

7 losses by 4 points or less. They're right there in almost every game but can't find a way to win close games. 

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and the coach who took over was the "defensive" assistant.

Yeah, that's the thing. It's fairly obvious the best assistant on staff is actually Donewald. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This has been a brutal season for OU.

7 losses by 4 points or less. They're right there in almost every game but can't find a way to win close games. 

Im no doctor of basketball but I think it’s bc OU sucks 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And a blowout win at then number 2(?) and current number 1 (for another couple of days)

Yeah, that's why this game scared me. OU has games where they go off on the offensive end. 

They're also 1 or 2 plays away, in a bunch of games, from having numerous top 25 wins. Life in the Big 12 and all that. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, that's why this game scared me. OU has games where they go off on the offensive end. 

They're also 1 or 2 plays away, in a bunch of games, from having numerous top 25 wins. Life in the Big 12 and all that. 

50% effort in this conference is dicey whether you win or not. Doesn’t matter who and whether you’re home or on the road 

Considering our next 4 opponents, 50% effort won’t cut it. Texas needs to be all in 

I think Texas needs to switch up the starting lineup. This was another game where Texas had a really slow start. 

The problem is Rice and Cunningham > Hunter and Mitchell. We have 2 starters that shouldn't be in the starting lineup over 2 bench players. I believe one of Rice or Cunningham should be in the starting 5. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think Texas needs to switch up the starting lineup. This was another game where Texas had a really slow start. 

The problem is Rice and Cunningham > Hunter and Mitchell. We have 2 starters that shouldn't be in the starting lineup over 2 bench players. I believe one of Rice or Cunningham should be in the starting 5. 

Sure. I mean, if you'd rather play from ahead than behind. As I would. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah fuck all of those other games we’ve played this year, today was the true indicator of what this team’s all about

We don’t need a TCU football setup. Love the guys on this team and like Terry but it seems we keep rolling lucky at the craps table. OU should have been defeated handily with this home game. Tech should have been a win. Maybe the lights come on for the end if regular season but you can be a fan and concerned about what is happening on the court.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

In a vacuum but there is a lot of concern for the brand of basketball we have seen post Beard. This ugly win doesn’t wash the stink of the Tech loss and lackluster first half performances off by any means. 

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

We don’t need a TCU football setup. Love the guys on this team and like Terry but it seems we keep rolling lucky at the craps table. OU should have been defeated handily with this home game. Tech should have been a win. Maybe the lights come on for the end if regular season but you can be a fan and concerned about what is happening on the court.

Elite teams come out and crush bad opponents. We seem to get down big, which means we have to play close games. If we could play the first 10 min like we tend to do the last 10 min, we’d be fine

Rodney makes great halftime adjustments. But his pre-game plan is shit 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Elite teams come out and crush bad opponents. We seem to get down big, which means we have to play close games. If we could play the first 10 min like we tend to do the last 10 min, we’d be fine

Rodney makes great halftime adjustments. But his pre-game plan is shit 

The thing is Tech and OU aren't bad opponents. They're just perceived that way because of their Big 12 record but they would finish top half of every other conference. 

They've played close games all year. I don't think we (or anyone else for that matter) is going to be crushing opponents outside of a few games. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The thing is Tech and OU aren't bad opponents. They're just perceived that way because of their Big 12 record but they would finish top half of every other conference. 

They've played close games all year. I don't think we (or anyone else for that matter) is going to be crushing opponents outside of a few games. 

People have a hard time with this because wins and losses are binary, but computers are generally better assessors of talent.  There’s a reason OU is a top 50 team and tech is a top 75 team and it’s not because either team sucks- regardless of their big 12 records. 

• Hook 'Em 3