Thoughts on "Asbury Revival?"

Brisketexan

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, sorry not sorry. I prefer the Metallica version. Probably because it’s what I heard first. 

So did I. Then I heard the original, and liked it better; then I heard this version, which is the original band re-doing their original song. They play it better, and it's produced better.

(And in general I found Garage, Inc to be unlistenable, and haven't spent money on a Metallica album since.)

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

So did I. Then I heard the original, and liked it better; then I heard this version, which is the original band re-doing their original song. They play it better, and it's produced better.

(And in general I found Garage, Inc to be unlistenable, and haven't spent money on a Metallica album since.)

Garage, Inc. is mostly trash, but there are a handful of legit greet covers there. Last Caress/Green Hell, Die Die My Darling, Am I Evil?, Breadfan, Blitzkreig. Those are all better than anything they’ve done originally from Load onward. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Garage, Inc. is mostly trash, but there are a handful of legit greet covers there. Last Caress/Green Hell, Die Die My Darling, Am I Evil?, Breadfan, Blitzkreig. Those are all better than anything they’ve done originally from Load onward. 

I really liked "Wasting My Hate" from... whichever it was on. But yeah, mostly garbage.

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I am coalesced stardust.  

Not entirely. 

More to the point though, there is more to identity than material composition.  That’s been known at least since Aristotle, probably since humans starting speaking and categorizing things. 

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I am coalesced stardust.  I am at once utterly insignificant, and singularly significant.  That is, I am stardust, but when the story of the universe is written, and we read the chapter on the stardust that was me (and was many things before me, and will be many things after me), that story cannot be told without telling the story of me.  My life is inextricably part of the life of the universe.  A universe of power and laws of operation beyond our human capacity to comprehend.  A universe with its own languages that transcend, and can be seen as divine.  It is humbling.  It is empowering.  And it imposes a sense of obligation.  I am but a moment in this universe, but I AM of this moment, and I should thus make it the best moment it can be.  And that means doing so not just for me, but for all the other stardust as well.  There's a reason that core truth is foundational in every faith; it is a universal truth, in the literal sense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

That is Surly perfection. The absolute best video clip response possible.

Bravo

And, I mean....if you don't think I have obtained much of my life wisdom and philosophical foundation from Animal House, you haven't been paying attention.

Vegetables can be very sensuous, don't you think?

• 2 weeks later...