2023 Seattle Mariners Thread

Biff Tannen

I think Castillo is pissed about his last start in Boston. 

And I should take back all the strikeout jokes I made about KKKelenik last year.  Sure, he struck out a lot.  But that was last year.  Maybe this year he could be JeHRed, "the HR is for HomeRuns." 

I don't know, it needs work.

Caballero’s immediate strong play further shines a light on the mounting struggles of veteran second baseman Kolten Wong, whose .177/.259/.208 batting line (108 plate appearances, 40 wRC+) ranks among the worst in baseball. Wong’s 20.4% strikeout rate is the worst of his career, and he’s making hard contact at career-worst levels as well (85 mph average exit velo, 24% hard-hit). Statcast ranks Wong in the fifth percentile of MLB players or lower in each of hard-hit rate, average exit velocity, barrel rate, expected batting average, expected slugging percentage and expected wOBA. His once plus sprint speed is down to the 37th percentile as well. 

New pitcher Woo gave up 6 in 2 innings today. 

We drove up for the game. Shitty game, but had a good time. My wife got a couple of autographs, met Bryce Miller's mom, then met Bryce at dinner (while waiting for a table).

I'll post pics tomorrow, maybe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

New pitcher Woo gave up 6 in 2 innings today. 

We drove up for the game. Shitty game, but had a good time. My wife got a couple of autographs, met Bryce Miller's mom, then met Bryce at dinner (while waiting for a table).

I'll post pics tomorrow, maybe.

I almost went too.  It was my birthday today.  Glad I stayed home.