Indiana @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Well that's frustrating. Indiana is a really bad team and we needed to sweep them.

Ah well. On to LSU.

I really hope Pierce rethinks his strategy on the base paths. Our young guys need at bats and some of them are going to be great college players. Trust them and give them a chance, don't start being ridiculously aggressive everytime we get somebody on base. Especially if that player doesn't have the speed or skill to be a D1 base stealer.

If we didn't run into three outs today we might have won, we had that reliever kind of rattled and he was throwing balls. But Pierce didn't give our guys a chance at the plate.

Also what a horrifying slump Campbell is in. I sure hope he breaks out of it fast.

On the plus side the relief pitching has been more consistent this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Plenty of good things happening with this team, 22 handcuffing them for years from the 3rd base box is not one of those things 

I am pretty sure the 3rd base coach isn't sending people from first. I mean ultimately it is Pierce making these kinds of general strategic decisions but that has nothing to do with his 3rd base coaching.

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I am pretty sure the 3rd base coach isn't sending people from first. I mean ultimately it is Pierce making these kinds of general strategic decisions but that has nothing to do with his 3rd base coaching.

3rd base coach PUT the 1st base coach at 1st brah.

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Wait, you don't think the runners on 1B are getting their orders from the 3B coach? That would be a new one in my experience.

• Haha 1