Indiana @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

I don't get some of these decisions made by the coaches on the base paths.

First we are sending DC on a suicide run at 2nd base in order to protect EK on a sac fly. Why? EK is really fast. He can score on a sac fly, no reason to sacrifice DC for that.

Then we are running really slow guys for no particular reason. What? We have to protect the fast but be really aggressive with the slow? I mean if you can't steal on Indiana you probably aren't going to run on many other people. And it is not even close, these guys are being thrown out by a mile and the catcher doesn't exactly have a cannon back there.

I don't get it. Maybe let the guys hit? The pitcher was throwing balls we might have turned that into something if you don't send really slow guys stealing.

Edited by Valmy77

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So is it just assumed at this level that they know there ass from a hole in the ground on the base paths? I sure as shit hope so and that we aren’t actually dedicating practice time or team meeting time to the subject

Ya, he’s only got Texas to 3 CWS since he got hired in 2018. The slacker.

Any Big 12 or decent college catcher would have easily thrown out those three guys by a mile. If this is a new strategy Pierce needs to rethink it. These aren't baserunning errors, this is asking players to do something they don't have the talent or skill to do. Not everybody is a base stealer. 

As far as small ball goes I get bunting people over if you have people on with nobody out but unless it is EK or some speedster up there why would you run? Let these kids hit, the more at bats we get the more we can see who can end up being a really good college hitter.

I just don't get this strategy. 

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yeah lets keep testing their catcher!

Their catcher sucks shit.

But really slow base runners are going to be thrown out by anybody good enough to play College Baseball.

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Did you want a comma in that sentence? Perhaps not.

Dude, they haven't even lost the game yet. Save the beatings for if they end up with a losing record.