Indiana @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Facing a righty starter tomorrow (finally). Might need to get Peyton Powell (or maybe Whitehead) in at DH and maybe play Flores at 3B. I don’t see a huge difference between him and Carlson right now so just play the higher upside guy.

Flores at short 

33 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We probably just need to prepare ourselves that we aren’t going to see that this year. Flores didn’t exactly cover himself in defensive glory the first weekend at 3B.

Eh, I’m willing to see what he’s got at a position he’s probably more comfortable at rather than keeping Daly in the lineup. 

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

Whoever’s idea it was to take Lowell of baseball broadcasts, at least most of them, deserves a fucking statue 

DILLY FUCKIN’ DILLY!!!

I can just picture that loser sitting in his one bedroom apartment muttering “oppo” and “velo” incessantly to a barren wall next to the water heater closet.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

You know the approach to seasons like this really needs to be - hey it’s baseball we are watching so we are already way ahead here, second a win is always a good thing, and hopefully we can watch quite a few wins, and let’s see them get better. I’m not sure this team will achieve greatness but it’s Texas baseball you never know. Hold it loosely, love the game, cherish the wins, don’t expect a lot, appreciate improvement. I didn’t follow the off-season much but looking at the roster coming back and the freshmen coming in, there were too many holes to expect a title run this year. That doesn’t mean we can’t have a great time. Last night was a great example. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, troph said:

You know the approach to seasons like this really needs to be - hey it’s baseball we are watching so we are already way ahead here, second a win is always a good thing, and hopefully we can watch quite a few wins, and let’s see them get better. I’m not sure this team will achieve greatness but it’s Texas baseball you never know. Hold it loosely, love the game, cherish the wins, don’t expect a lot, appreciate improvement. I didn’t follow the off-season much but looking at the roster coming back and the freshmen coming in, there were too many holes to expect a title run this year. That doesn’t mean we can’t have a great time. Last night was a great example. 

fans GIF

jk

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I was waiting for indiana to throw the ball away or do something to help us, since they’ve presumably been playing pepper indoors the past month- but they made every play. And a couple of real nice plays. 

They’ve made 3 errors in 5 games, as compared to our 8.   Of course our numbers will flatten out as we play more games where we don’t have freshmen in their first start.  

21 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Where else will you learn of Longhorn Legends … from Nobel winning physicists to the affable traffic gatekeeper?

Only thing I like about that traffic guy commercial is how awkward fenves is interacting with students. His half hearted wave after someone has already walked by is so cringey.