Indiana @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, BarthHollamew said:

Stopped watching the hoops game cuz Horns have been outscored 51-24 since having an 18-4 lead early.  I think I make them nervous when I watch.  

I started watching it but even when we were kicking their ass I didn't find it much fun. I just hate being reminded that Baylor exists I guess.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Leadoff walk after being staked to a 5-1 lead. Fun.

Don't worry. Dre has got this.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

He looked pretty overpowering to me.

Granted Indiana isn't very good.

I’m listening not watching but I heard sinker and slider and that’s exactly the kind of pitches you want out of the pen if you aren’t throwing heat. Start out looking fat and then In the dirt or wide and low out of the zone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

We lost our first two games by one run each and against top 10 teams.  I'm thinking we are gonna be just fine as the season goes on.  Burke looked good closing today.

Solid win.  Sweep is still in play for tomorrow.

Hook 'Em.

Missouri is not ranked. Vandy is in the top 10 and spanked us 12-2.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

We lost our first two games by one run each and against top 10 teams.  I'm thinking we are gonna be just fine as the season goes on.  Burke looked good closing today.

Solid win.  Sweep is still in play for tomorrow.

Hook 'Em.

Let’s hope. Burke was niiiiiice! 

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m very glad we won and it was great being back at the disch.

We have got to do more on offense if we want to win. We can’t rely on 3 errors to score runs

They’re going to have to be aggressive at the plate and put balls in play. We need to have the highest percentage for putting balls in play which may lead to runs like today but hopefully as the season progresses hits start to be normalized with runners in scoring position.  This lineup just doesn’t have the juice like we saw last year but they have at least shown the ability to hit the ball hard, and put runners in scoring position through small ball. 

2 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

… and LSU will be another measuring stick.

I'd like to get one of these mythical "6 run texas games against good opponents or conference foes" before conference play thank you very much..

Edited by petscii

16 minutes ago, Levi said:

They’re going to have to be aggressive at the plate and put balls in play. We need to have the highest percentage for putting balls in play which may lead to runs like today but hopefully as the season progresses hits start to be normalized with runners in scoring position.  This lineup just doesn’t have the juice like we saw last year but they have at least shown the ability to hit the ball hard, and put runners in scoring position through small ball. 

I’d like to see us start being really aggressive on the bases (not the stupid shit we do) with hit and runs, steals, etc. There was a situation today with EK on 3rd and DC on 1st. I would love to see us be willing to put DC in motion and pressure the defense with two guys that athletic. We need to manufacture runs because we don’t have big sticks