Indiana @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’d like to see us start being really aggressive on the bases (not the stupid shit we do) with hit and runs, steals, etc. There was a situation today with EK on 3rd and DC on 1st. I would love to see us be willing to put DC in motion and pressure the defense with two guys that athletic. We need to manufacture runs because we don’t have big sticks

Agreed. A 1st and 3rd delayed steal is one of my favorite things to see when done successfully. Maybe throw in a safety squeeze. 

54 minutes ago, Cajun said:

The Duplantier experiment needs to be shitcanned.  Not only is he completely ineffective, the dude looks like he has zero interest in even being at the ballpark.  He was done today before he even threw a pitch.

Geez. I get the dude was bad today but he was really good in his first two outings of the year.

He didn’t have it today. We’ll see if it carries over.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

O’Dowd has been making good contact so far this year. Much better than what he showed on limited chances last season.  Not a ton to show for it yet. 

.231 in 60 career ABs.  Maybe he can have a breakout year and bat .275   

The lack of good hitters is kind of sad for a program like Texas.   I don’t believe we have a single starter with a career .300 average. 

Edited by ClubWhatever

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Besides our best players we suck!

Just now, Fletch said:

Most teams wouldn’t be very good without their 2 best players 

Yeah, but most teams of Texas' caliber have more than two great players. I'm not even sure we know Brown is "great" yet. Granted, Witt is hurt, but there's not the depth of proven quality we're accustomed to.

Regardless, I'm watching and invested. I'm just stating that it's more stark than most years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, but most teams of Texas' caliber have more than two great players. I'm not even sure we know Brown is "great" yet. Granted, Witt is hurt, but there's not the depth of proven quality we're accustomed to.

Regardless, I'm watching and invested. I'm just stating that it's more stark than most years.

Anything was going to be a stark difference compared to last year when we broke the majority of the single season offensive records this historic program had.

3 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

We may have an offensive hangover from all the offense last year.  Unless everyone gets hot at the same time, we just aren't gonna score a ton of runs every time out.

We found shit to complain about last year as well. It will just be easier this year.

• Haha 2

Baseball is a great sport in that teams find themselves as the season goes on. The leaders in May in MLB mean nothing. This team is talented and we should be optimistic about what’s coming.

In the meantime, we’ve taken the series and are going for the icing, I’ve got baseball and golf on dual stream and life is very bueno.

Hook em

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Anything was going to be a stark difference compared to last year when we broke the majority of the single season offensive records this historic program had.

For sure. Texas had eight draft picks (most since nine in 2007) and a veteran roster last season. It was bound to happen. The team will certainly jell as the season progresses, but I believe it's okay to have legitimate concerns around the starting rotation and collective offense.

Oh well, onward to the sweep!

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1