Indiana @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one but something about the way Thomas receives throws at first base bothers me and makes me nervous 

Yeah, my observation is that he doesn't seem comfortable yet stretching away from the bag. It could be general confidence or actually something physical, like flexibility.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one but something about the way Thomas receives throws at first base bothers me and makes me nervous 

I don’t know about nervous, but it sure looks like he doesn’t pick it up until it’s almost to him.  Like he’s nearsighted and the ball is fuzzy until it gets close enough. 

Just now, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, my observation is that he doesn't seem comfortable yet stretching away from the bag. It could be general confidence or actually something physical, like flexibility.

I’m not sure how much 1B he played in HS. He pitched a lot and I think was an OF. Hopefully it’s just a comfort thing and he’ll settle in.

He might be destined for the OF after this season once some spots open up.

Please please please keep being this guy Daly. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’m not sure how much 1B he played in HS. He pitched a lot and I think was an OF. Hopefully it’s just a comfort thing and he’ll settle in.

He might be destined for the OF after this season once some spots open up.

There are definitely big time footwork issues for him. Gotta think he will settle in though

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Agree.  Although Stehle got the throwing E on that first inning pickoff try, it didn’t seem Thomas made any attempt to flag the ball down.  It wasn’t that wide.  After watching the replay, I was convinced HE should have received the E.

• Like 1