What are you listening to right now?

UDontKnow

I only caught parts of World Cafe on NPR tonight but what I heard was really solid. They’re doing a “Through the Decades” theme and tonight was the 70’s. Here’s the playlist:

Simon & Garfunkel “Bridge Over Troubled Water” Bridge Over Troubled Water 
Bob Dylan “Tangled Up In Blue” Blood On The Tracks 
Carole King “You’ve Got A Friend” Tapestry 
Stevie Wonder “Sir Duke” Songs In The Key of Life 
Talking Heads “I Zimbra” Fear Of Music 
The Clash “London Calling” London Calling 
David Bowie “Ziggy Stardust-Suffraget” The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars 
Blondie “One Way Or Another” Parallel Lines 
Jimmy Cliff “The Harder They Come” The Harder They Come 
Funkadelic “Can You Get To That” Maggot Brain 
Brian Eno “St. Elmo’s Fire” Another Green World 
The Who “Getting’ In Tune” Who’s Next 
The Rolling Stones “Happy” Exile On Main, St. 

Hour Two

The Eagles “Life In The Fast Lane” Hotel California 
Marvin Gaye “What’s Going On” What’s Going On 
Bee Gees “You Should Be Dancing” Saturday Night Fever (Soundtrack) 
Led Zeppelin “Trampled Under Foot” Physical Graffiti 
The Modern Lovers “Roadrunner” The Modern Lovers 
T Rex “Jeepster” Electric Warrior 
Gang Of Four “Damaged Goods” Entertainment! 
Kraftwerk “Trans-Europe Express” Trans-Europe Express 
Linda Ronstadt “Heatwave” Prisoner In Disguise 
Jackson Browne “Doctor My Eyes” Jackson Browne 
Al Green “Here I Am (Come and Take)” Call Me 
The Specials “Rudy, A Message To You” The Specials 
Fleetwood Mac “The Chain” Rumours 

If you’re inclined, you can stream it here:

https://xpn.org/program/world-cafe/

So I am browsing Super 70s Sports for amusement and there is a tweet with this image:

image.jpeg.02e219021d8c79797c8da9e8d5dc0253.jpeg

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I search "anal chaos" on YouTube.  The results are...well, let's use the word interesting.

First result:

The second result is from a group called Hybrid Viscery.  The song titles from their album "Redneck Abomination" include:

• Vomit Breakfast
  • Anal Chaos
  • Grind My Dick
  • Eviscerate Pussy
  • Prostate Destruction

The YouTube search results only get better as one scrolls down.  At least to someone like me who is not into heavy metal, death metal, grindcore, or whatever other labels can be applied to the style of music that predominates this search.

8 hours ago, ScottS said:

So I am browsing Super 70s Sports for amusement and there is a tweet with this image:

image.jpeg.02e219021d8c79797c8da9e8d5dc0253.jpeg

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I search "anal chaos" on YouTube.  The results are...well, let's use the word interesting.

First result:

The second result is from a group called Hybrid Viscery.  The song titles from their album "Redneck Abomination" include:

• Vomit Breakfast
  • Anal Chaos
  • Grind My Dick
  • Eviscerate Pussy
  • Prostate Destruction

The YouTube search results only get better as one scrolls down.  At least to someone like me who is not into heavy metal, death metal, grindcore, or whatever other labels can be applied to the style of music that predominates this search.

You might want to delete your cookies.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 11:08 PM, Hate said:

If there are any Ted Lasso fans on this thread they may recognize this song.  It's fucking amazing.

I didn't know who she was until she sang for a Christmas advert for the British firm, John Lewis, and yes I am a fan now. I am super bad about listening to music and not always noting the artist until after I've got the ear worm of whatever they played. Then I finally get exasperated and go look them up.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/27/2022 at 3:57 AM, ztejas said:

I'm pretty sure this is the greatest band of the 21st century (so far). I may start a thread on it as I don't think there's more than a few options. 

For better or worse, and regardless of what eventually became of the band, Arcade Fire and others travelled the wake of post-Ronald Jones Soft Bulletin Flaming Lips

• Like 1

Can't you hear that rooster crowin'?
Rabbit runnin' down across the road
Underneath the bridge where the water flowed through
So happy just to see you smile
Underneath the sky of blue
On this new morning, new morning
On this new morning with you
Can't you hear that motor turnin'?
Automobile comin' into style
Comin' down the road for a country mile or two
So happy just to see you smile
The night passed away so quickly
It always does when you're with me
Can't you feel that sun a-shinin'?
Ground hog runnin' by the country stream
This must be the day that all of my dreams come true
So happy just to be alive
So happy just to be alive

Hot Shit.

Jorma and Jack are looking old and grizzled but they haven’t lost their chops. They can still jam. I guess it’s a good thing I wasn’t there because when they went into Hesitation Blues at 1:18:25, at 1:18:26 I would’ve been whoopin’ it up. And then when they go into Oh Good Shepherd at 1:58:00. Hoo boy. Jack kills. (Still as cool as they come but I guess he must have gotten contacts. This was the first time I’ve ever seen him not wearing glasses.)

This whole show kills. There was one song in the second set where I lost my attention a little bit but that might have been because I had to take a bathroom break.

I’ve seen Hot Tuna a bunch of times, both acoustic and electric, in venues big and small. (And in 1989 opening the second set for the Jefferson Airplane reunion tour which was AWESOME.) I’ve seen Jorma more than that, from playing small solo shows to playing with some local musicians to playing with former members of the Grateful Dead. I’ve had musician friends who have attended seminars at his Fur Peace Ranch in southern Ohio. I honestly didn’t know he had a concert space that was open to the public. But this venue looks a little like a place where he used to play in Columbus a lot called the Columbus Music Hall which was just a house where they converted the garage into a concert space. During set breaks we’d walk through the house, through the kitchen, and into the backyard. It was fenced in and they had a little gazebo back there where we could smoke a bowl. It was a cool scene. I doubt it held more than 200 people max. I can’t remember the names but a shout out to the guy who used to own Ace in the Hole Records and the guys in the band Cowboy Angels.