What are you listening to right now?

UDontKnow

Those last 2 was just shit I was listening to and songs I enjoy. 

This is maybe top 30 songs all time for me territory.

And I think that^ and this should potentially occupy the same spot.

I think for each of them the best song they had in them was unobtainable as a group - or with each other. Both of the above beat any Eagles song ever for me. 

Edited by ztejas

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 11:47 PM, ztejas said:

Those last 2 was just shit I was listening to and songs I enjoy. 

This is maybe top 30 songs all time for me territory.

And I think that^ and this should potentially occupy the same spot.

I think for each of them the best song they had in them was unobtainable as a group - or with each other. Both of the above beat any Eagles song ever for me. 

I can't say "beat" but mostly agree.

Joe has a songwriting catalogue that's still underappreciated.

The Classical Music thread motivated me to pull out one of my top 10 favorite albums, if you said top 5 I wouldn't argue. Bach, got dam Bach. Listen to the "complex simplicity" of this. I know that's a contradiction in terms, but for me it defines what I am hearing. The Flentrop at the top of it's game. The King of Instruments indeed. And Biggs. Biggs is a fucking monster. I am never sorry I put this album on.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/kes2P4IC2bQ

The Juvenile Tiny desk that’s been going around on social media is actually pretty good.  But did anyone in the early 2000’s actually think Manny Fresh is like 4 feet tall?   Lol.  They hid that shit back in the day.  I know he’s sitting for the first part but he stands later. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

Been hooked on Steely Dan lately. I never listened to them until this year.

It's strange that when I listen to their music, I feel like I'm transported into a dimly lit apartment with open windows, scotch in my hand, doing a shuffle while waiting for friends to show up for a few more drinks. And of course I'm wearing a shirt with a big collar.

This could go into a lot of threads, but anyways, NME, which shut down their print edition in 2018 outside of special edition one-offs about specific bands/genres, is bringing their print edition back.  Didn't realize they went back to the 1950s.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/nme-announces-return-of-iconic-print-magazine-2023-summer-buy-3470477