What are you listening to right now?

UDontKnow

I know there's some blink fans here - and I know that I've made my stance apparent in the past. I just can't help but bring it up every time I find myself relistening. 

I think this is one of the best albums anyone has ever recorded. The space that this record occupies is so singular. I'm hard pressed to find anything that's especially analogous. Of course there are better albums out there - and of course many if not most listeners don't really enjoy this brand of rock but this is such a special fucking album and I'd like to think I'm not the only one that realizes that. 

By the way - if you've never heard it - or you've heard blink-182 in passing or whatever - give it a shot. 

On 8/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, tbone_ said:

They are so good.

We try our best to copy these versions

I discovered them during the pandemic.  They're my easy Sunday morning music.  I love her so much.

This one's my favorite. I wish it was 20 minutes long. I've caught myself singing Good Kisser louder than I should.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Like 2

I discovered them during the pandemic.  They're my easy Sunday morning music.  I love her so much.
This one's my favorite. I wish it was 20 minutes long. I've caught myself singing Good Kisser louder than I should.

Rachel Price may be the perfect human being. Drop-dead gorgeous, real woman with curves and a voice richer and smoother than demi glacé.

They’re absolutely one of my Sunday morning - or sipping a bit of whiskey while I’m cooking dinner - choices.
  • Like 1

Goddammit….I’m prepping steaks and such for my dad’s birthday dinner, and you’ve sent me down the rabbit hole. I pulled up a Lake Street playlist on YouTube and have it on the TV. Rachel Price singing “Good Kisser” in that video may be one of the all-time sexiest performances of anything, ever.
Such great stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, noharleyyet said:

Both Los Lobos and Boz Scaggs have connections to the Dead. Los Lobos opened for them and there were some collaborations.

And Los Lobos covered some Dead songs.

I’m not sure offhand if any of the members of Los Lobos ever sat in with the Dead. I’d have to check and that list is long. But Boz did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
God damn this needed a bump. 
Is this the best album that anyone's ever made? 
I mean I think it's up there. 

It very well could be. Def my all time favorite.

The DSOTM cork sniffers will be along any minute to tell you it sucks. But that’s just so not even close to accurate.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...