Four Sale

nbmishoid

I was previously on these sites as NBMisha.  A bad back injury set me back a couple of years and I couldn’t now remember my credentials, thus a different, even goofier name.  You guys get my inaugural post.

‘I goofed around for most of my life just playing around on guitar, for short periods every 5 years or so.  After 2 years of being unable to play, I have now started over.  One of the tasks is to rationalize the guitar inventory as I focus on one our two.  I am new to the selling game.  I live on Bainbridge Is WA, and am talking to a Seattle shop about consignment.  Of course I could mail things anywhere in the US, according to testimony on this board.  I just thought I ought to expose you all to these.

1.  1994 Les Paul Std, sunburst.  This has maybe 6 hours playing time.  When buying a piano for my then 1st grader I got talked into getting this.  I was completely unready, had no teacher (then in Sumatra), so back in the case it went.  30 years later, it needs to get into the right hands.   I can’t imagine there is a more mint 94 LP. Internet shows strong pricing for early 90’s.  I’d be looking to get 75% of “retail” plus shipping.  This is what the local guys are offering.

2,.  1975 Martin D28-12.  This is two owner, the first being my original teacher in Bakersfield, and I was so amazed I bought it in 1978.  Played it a couple years then life, marriage, etc put the kibosh on guitar for a few decades.  The pick guard has been replaced.  Martin case, etc.  Same terms as above.

if there is any interest I can post pictures and we can conjecture around numbers.  If no interest, no problem.  

Glad to be back among you folks.  Appreciate any advice you have on this.   

Pardon me, Barrister.  You're a Prince of what nation again?

Nah, I'm just kidding.  Post up some pics, and good luck with your sale.  I had a 1991 Les Paul Hall of Fame edition Deluxe gold top/gold back and the early 90s were indeed some nice Gibsons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Could not tell you, I’m not informed enough.  Looks much browner than the regular cherry ish sunbursts.   The tobacco ones I’ve seen were this slightly variegated light brown.

, solid not sunburst.

You have 5 of these, right?

Do you still have any of the tags in the case?

I'm like 99% sure it's a tobacco sunburst birdseye top. To which my response is

Michael Scott No GIF

I was not supposed to be spending anymore money on guitars but that is my white whale. Way back when I was a teenager it was all I wanted in the world, but there's was no way I could afford one. I've been looking for one for ages, the birdseye is very hard to find.

31 minutes ago, G650 said:

=====

I was not supposed to be spending anymore money on guitars but that is my white whale. Way back when I was a teenager it was all I wanted in the world, but there's was no way I could afford one. I've been looking for one for ages, the birdseye is very hard to find.

Way to drive a hard bargain.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, G650 said:

Do you still have any of the tags in the case?

Michael Scott No GIF

8B543236-070C-4004-801D-DF284D5BF6C0.gif.cdea3597bf437146165d691a2453232a.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

That's about what u was about to add.

Strong negotiation skills there, G650!

I'm just gobsmacked. I was wandering along, minding my own business, seeing a thread about a regular old sunburst LP for sale that I don't think anything about, and I stroll back through and it is apparently its not that at all, but one of two guitars I have a permanent Reverb search for. Uncanny.

Btw @nbmishoidi think it's a 1992 not 94 if I remember Gibson serial coding.

I actually don't plan on buying but I definitely got a kick out of it. I have way to many guitars.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Way to drive a hard bargain.

My wife has bought houses where she has zero "game" at all... she just knocks on the front door and then raves with excitement about how wonderful and magical and amazing it is.  Just gushes with praise for paint colors and furniture, etc.

The next thing I know, she's best friends with the seller, and that seller is doing everything they can (including lowering the price) to make sure she gets it. 

It's crazy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To my eye this guitar had a moderate birdseye on the lower cap, I'm not sure if it was one of the actual birdseye models.

This teaburst one shows how crazy the pattern was, 1993 might have been the first year.

h4mxbvb37vhwvwsr3nh8.jpg

I remember they were like 200 bucks more than the regular Standard.

4 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Thx for the color ID, and for looking up the serial.  Too easy for me to have done.   

Oh I didn't look it up, the Gibson serial code is YDDDY so 92, 141st day. The last three used to be Kalamazoo or Nashville but I guess just Nashville sequence now? Not totally sure tbh.

14 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

That's about what u was about to add.

Strong negotiation skills there, G650!

Can you imagine how he started negotiating for the '58?

dr-evil-austin-powers.gif

10 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I thought Les Paul serials were the 1st and 5th number is the year?

Didn't it get all screwed up at some point (every decade)?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Can you imagine how he started negotiating for the '58?

dr-evil-austin-powers.gif

Didn't it get all screwed up at some point (every decade)?

I'll have you know I got 5 figures off the asking price thank you very much!

• Haha 1