#9 Texas @ #22 TCU, 8pm, ESPN2

Js1

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

who is complaining?  I'm just saying it is pathetic for players to ask for students to rush the court.

Apologies. It's dumb to be a little bitch about college players being happy about beating a top 10 team on their home court. It just looks dumb when the losing fans complain about it. Is that better?

Edited by royiv
**Home court meaning in front of their own fans
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Apologies. It's dumb to be a little bitch about college players being happy about beating a top 10 team on their home court. It just looks dumb when the losing fans complain about it. Is that better?

Rushing the court is dumb and not classy. But society has moved in that direction as a whole so it is what is now, it's a trend that isnt going away.

What I find stupid is that every dumbass rushing the court is holding their arm out filming themselves or livestreaming themsleves. Such a sad, self-indulgent generation.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

oh man. you got me..its dumb to be a little bitch about what someone posts on a message board, little bitch....that better?

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah, that was pretty much an outlier...

In our last 12 games...we've been ahead at the 10 minute mark of the first half 8 times, behind 3 times, and tied once (Tenn). We were only behind after the first 10 minutes in 2 of our 5 losses.  I'm not arguing that we never start off slow, but our inability to string two good halves together is a much bigger issue to me than constantly getting blown out at the start of games. 

Texas 17 TCU 25 - L
Texas 18 Baylor 11 - L
Texas 20 Iowa State 13 - W
Texas 18 OU 14 - W
Texas 21 Tech 19 - L
Texas 23 WVU 17 - W
Texas 14 KU 23 - L
Texas 9  KSU 17 - W

Texas 22 Baylor 17 - W
Texas 17 Tenn 17 - L
Texas 20 OSU 12 - W
Texas 15 WVU 14 - W

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Rushing the court is dumb and not classy. But society has moved in that direction as a whole so it is what is now, it's a trend that isnt going away.

What I find stupid is that every dumbass rushing the court is holding their arm out filming themselves or livestreaming themsleves. Such a sad, self-indulgent generation.  

Totally agree with this, but this is where we are these days. Fans should stay off the field/court of play, but it happens everywhere and I'm not going to bitch about it when there's a really easy way to prevent it.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

oh man. you got me..its dumb to be a little bitch about what someone posts on a message board, little bitch....that better?

Perfect! 

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Oh....there's no way we beat Kansas, and they'll be playing their bench the 2nd half.  Beard is the difference...coaching just not there to adjust.

if Carr and Rice are on we can beat anyone...its a big if as of late but it can happen.

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Oh....there's no way we beat Kansas, and they'll be playing their bench the 2nd half.  Beard is the difference...coaching just not there to adjust.

Whatever. Beard went 10-8 last year in the Big 12 and lost in the first round of the Big 12 tournament. I mean good on him for beating Virginia Tech but what did this turd do here at UT to justify all this theoretical glory and all these hypothetical championships? He didn't do shit that Shaka Smart didn't do in the Big 12.

If he had all this potential to adjust his way to championships well he never fucking showed it. Lost to Illinois and got his ass fired.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Whatever. Beard went 10-8 last year in the Big 12 and lost in the first round of the Big 12 tournament. I mean good on him for beating Virginia Tech but what did this turd do here at UT to justify all this theoretical glory and all these hypothetical championships? He didn't do shit that Shaka Smart didn't do in the Big 12.

If he had all this potential to adjust his way to championships well he never fucking showed it. Lost to Illinois and got his ass fired.

Dude go to bed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, MrX said:

With Mitchell and Morris zeroes now this team isn’t deep. I’d actually see if Morris could give you more juice off the bench. 

Cunningham is a great second unit and energy guy but giving him 22 minutes is a sign of a team that has a ceiling that no one will like. 

The Office Thank You GIF

1 hour ago, royiv said:

This shit is so stupid. Don't give the opposing team a reason to rush the court. Complaining about it after the fact is a dumb moral victory.

I cringe everytime I see someone brings this up. Yes, this game was big for them. It should have been big for us too. We need to learn how to get up for every game if we want to be at the top. That's the head coach's job. You don't see KU laying an egg often when it matters even though they get everyone's best shot.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

The Office What GIF

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

I had so much fun watching this team in November, December. They are not fun to watch any more, and haven't been for a few weeks. I don't know where we go from here once we get rid of our 5 different European league JAGs we have running this team as veterans, especially since our 5-stars also look like JAGs. They were supposed to raise the ceiling of this team, but they haven't established that they're even Big 12 worthy yet. At least I can confidently say Fuck Chris Beard and his trash ass. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I like you. You are a very good poster. This is a horrifically terrible take. 

While Cunningham obviously shouldn't be playing 22 minutes regularly, last night we really needed him. He had five offensive rebounds, just one fewer than the rest of the team combined. He wouldn't be so important if other guys would step up, but often they don't. Allen played 28 minutes yet had only four boards, all defensive. I appreciated his six assists, but the guy is just too passive overall. He makes Gandhi seem like Attila the Hun. 

17 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

It seemed like on the last defensive possession we needed a stop on and TCU got an offensive rebound, Brock was the biggest guy on the floor - I thought that was an odd choice with how badly we were getting outrebounded. 

Terry is throwing crap in the wall and seeing what sticks. His rotations are head scratchers and player development is actually negative.

13 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yeah, it's the refs. Always is in when we're simply sucking.

It's the surly way.

My man. Disu got fucking tackled with 45 seconds left and it resulted in a turnover

Even the announcers, who always suck ref cock, said they blew the call

That was one of like 20 times our players got tackled with no call

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Gotta get that content for the 'Gram!

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

Does anyone have a video of the pick that lead to RT getting a tech?  It’s strange that they didn’t show a replay of it on the broadcast.

My biggest issue with the current trend of broadcasting to "sell" the sport.  We never get replays of controversial calls or non-calls.  The announcers are relentlessly positive about the calls and the officiating with one or two disagreements allowed per game it seems.  There is no neutrality in any broadcast because the networks and the leagues are partners.  I hate it.

• Like 1

Terry is throwing crap in the wall and seeing what sticks. His rotations are head scratchers and player development is actually negative.

Beard really loved the small lineup with Allen or Brock at center near the ends of games and of sucked for rebounding and interior defense

3 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

It seemed like on the last defensive possession we needed a stop on and TCU got an offensive rebound, Brock was the biggest guy on the floor - I thought that was an odd choice with how badly we were getting outrebounded. 

Determination is a major factor in rebounding.  Too bad none of Brock’s “want to” has rubbed off on his bigger bodied teammates.  They’re weak and soft.

9 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Rodney Terry better not fucking sniff the HC position. Get him the fuck out.

I'd prepare myself for the exact opposite to happen, unless he loses in the 1st round of the NCAAs. He has a lot going in his favor for that job, stuff that matters to university's like UT. I'm with you, he is in way over his head, but that's not what one media member or university leader will say publicly.

6 minutes ago, JWinTX said:

I'd prepare myself for the exact opposite to happen, unless he loses in the 1st round of the NCAAs. He has a lot going in his favor for that job, stuff that matters to university's like UT. I'm with you, he is in way over his head, but that's not what one media member or university leader will say publicly.

Nah man. CDC so far has made good decisions, when left to his own devices anyway. He won't do something knee-jerk like award RT the head coaching position for doing a decent job. 

Granted if he does make it to the Sweet 16 I might start to come around to your way of thinking but let's see him do that first.

Edited by Valmy77

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Nah man. CDC so far has made good decisions, when left to his own devices anyway. He won't do something knee-jerk like award RT the head coaching position for doing a decent job. 

Granted if he does make it to the Sweet 16 I might start to come around to your way of thinking but let's see him do that first.

I'm just preparing myself for the kick in the junk that Ill feel if Rodney Terry is named permanent head coach, especially if the season ends in the second round.

Did they show the shit on TV between TCU's first row students under our basket right before TCU had 6 on court? That's why Terry got T'd up, that particular ref had just got a fucking earful from those students, enough to get the cops called over. That's why he was so quick with the T, feelings were a little hurt. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Did they show the shit on TV between TCU's first row students under our basket right before TCU had 6 on court? That's why Terry got T'd up, that particular ref had just got a fucking earful from those students, enough to get the cops called over. That's why he was so quick with the T, feelings were a little hurt. 

They did not show any of that, they completely ignored everything about the tech.

Edited by txhorns