#9 Texas @ #22 TCU, 8pm, ESPN2

Js1

Just now, dcar00 said:

it would be nice if we can quit being pussies at the beginning of games.  We never come out and match the energy of the team that is playing their super bowl.  you'd think we'd learn but whatever.

We jumped out to an 18-4 lead vs baylor and then shit down our leg the entire second half. we're just a streaky team that struggles with consistency.

Well I have nothing really to say about this game but it was very depressing. Loved this team so much and to see them fail right at the end of the season is hard to take.

Ah well. We still have the conference and NCAA tournament and it is just the regular season championship.

Still. Sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BarthHollamew said:

Championships elude is like defensive rebounds in the biggest moments.  My heart hurts . . . again. 

Yep. Right there with you dude. Crushing.

We should have won both these damn games. We let it get away from us. 

I'm trying to think of a more frustrating loss  since ACU. Not sure there has been one. TCU had 22 TOs, shot badly and still kicked our tails in a game we simply couldn't afford to lose. Yet it was all we could fo to finally crawl within a possession. 

I can blame Beard for a lot of this (including having a roster without adequate bigs), but he shouldn't get all the heat. Far from it. Many shared in laying this rotten egg. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Whoever the coach is next year better bring in some guys that can fucking rebound. This team's defense is let down so much by defensive rebounding.

It's coaching.  We could be much better at rebounding if we didn't have 3 to 4 undersized dudes all fighting each other to tip the ball to the other team.  We don't even understand the concept of blocking out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'm trying to think of a more frustrating loss  since ACU. Not sure there has been one. TCU had 22 TOs, shot badly and still kicked our tails in a game we simply couldn't afford to lose. Yet it was all we could fo to finally crawl within a possession. 

I can blame Beard for a lot of this (including having a roster without adequate bigs), but he shouldn't get all the heat. Far from it. Many shared in laying this rotten egg. 

Are you fucking kidding me? Beard deserves all the heat. I have never prayed on anyone’s downfall more than I do his. He let the team, university, and everyone who gives a shit about this stuff down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

we are playing at a disadvantage with the coach we were forced to promote. He isn't a Big 12 level coach and that's why you lose these type of games.  He's not a bad coach, he just is what he is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

we are playing at a disadvantage with the coach we were forced to promote. He isn't a Big 12 level coach and that's why you lose these type of games.  He's not a bad coach, he just is what he is.

Ah well. We had plenty of seasons like this under the other coaches.

But really who cares why? We have a team full of seniors and this was their shot. There is no learning from this experience, getting another coach, and coming back here. This was it.

• Hook 'Em 1

With Mitchell and Morris zeroes now this team isn’t deep. I’d actually see if Morris could give you more juice off the bench. 

Cunningham is a great second unit and energy guy but giving him 22 minutes is a sign of a team that has a ceiling that no one will like. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Carr and Rice going a combined 10 for 32 is hard to overcome.  We need better out of those two if we are going to have success in the tourney.  

Although I should add they both probably deserved more FT's than they got too.  

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Wasted possessions at the ends of games after getting defensive stops.  Exactly what happened in Lubbock.  That does not bode well for tourney time.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Court rush.    So pathetic 

19 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

more pathetic was the TCU players waving for the court rush...

This shit is so stupid. Don't give the opposing team a reason to rush the court. Complaining about it after the fact is a dumb moral victory.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

there is 0 reason that mitchell should be starting at this point.  he provides nothing and we tend to get into big holes to start games (baylor game notwithstanding).  put SBJ in the starting lineup and stop starting from behind the 8 ball.

Same for Timmy. Start Rice and Brock. Bring Tim and Mitchell off the bench. 

6 minutes ago, royiv said:

This shit is so stupid. Don't give the opposing team a reason to rush the court. Complaining about it after the fact is a dumb moral victory.

who is complaining?  I'm just saying it is pathetic for players to ask for students to rush the court.