Austin-based Digital Marketing Agency

Dbeasy

I do consulting work and have been running into companies that need digital marketing services. I'm looking for someone who runs an Austin-based agency that I could sit down with to discuss some collaboration. Anyone know anyone who has a business in digital marketing? 

Hey, the ask here is really broad.  "digital marketing" can mean so many things: strategy, UX approach, asset creation/management, end-user analytics, notifications, etc.

A firm will throw bodies/seats for any engagement, so $$$$$$$$$$$.

An experienced contractor(s) will offer more automation with a streamlined MarTech stack approach (twilio segment, sms, source attribution, etc). 

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with your search.

We do most of our digital marketing in-house but found most agencies are terrible. You are better hiring contractors directly for specific skillset. It is a lot more work but way more cost efficient and better results. Lots of BS in online marketing so ask for proof of results. Given the state of online marketing (way down), it is easier to find really good talent for cheap now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. Areas of digital marketing of interest include:

1. SEO

2. SEM, Google Ads

3. Content Marketing

4. Social Media Ads, Marketing

5. Campaigns: marketing automation, including email, landing pages

I am pretty shocked that people who run boutique digital marketing businesses, whose life blood is attracting new customers, are so incredibly unresponsive to business opportunities. To the point made earlier, I guess I can compile my own virtual agency to address these business opportunities. I swear I've met more worthless people in the last three years than the last 25 years combined.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I am pretty shocked that people who run boutique digital marketing businesses, whose life blood is attracting new customers, are so incredibly unresponsive to business opportunities. To the point made earlier, I guess I can compile my own virtual agency to address these business opportunities. I swear I've met more worthless people in the last three years than the last 25 years combined.

My take is that there are so many spammy cold-call emails going on in this space that it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

27 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

My take is that there are so many spammy cold-call emails going on in this space that it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

And the other problem is that anyone and everyone hangs out a shingle proclaiming themselves experts in digital marketing x,y,z,etc., when in reality they don't really know what they are doing. That is why I was reluctant to build out a team myself. I saw the small business owner as the person filtering out bad talent.

We own a couple of companies that do it, but we’re not in Texas. There are plenty of small/mid size operations around that do really good work, they just don’t have the ability to scale up and aren’t typically out promoting because they have more work than they want at their sizes.

We are working with ours on being able to replicate services with other individuals handling accounts so they can scale up as well as acquire others.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 12:08 PM, Dbeasy said:

For some reason I never got notified of these responses. I’m following this thread now. 

If you're still looking for something, I just saw this. First time in this forum. Anyway, I have a business partner that runs an agency doing exactly the priorities you're looking for and they've got 25+ years of experience. DM me if you want to discuss further.