Texas @ Cal State Fullerton Series Thread

Horny Bull

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lat22 said:

It absolutely should happen. Morehouse should know that it needs to be done. 

How about some chin music? I’d rather not be giving away free bases with a lineup that’s still finding itself (trying to be generous here)

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Didn’t realize Daly is at .300 right now. Maybe they need to look at moving him to the 2 hole and moving Campbell down to like 5th. Allows us to still break up the left handed bats at the top and not have O’Dowd or Flores batting 5th.

And his .697 OPS is fourth on the team. Yes, small sample size, but yikes....

1 minute ago, davi34 said:

I understand that they are still kids getting acclimated to the college game but the freshmen bats are worrying.

There really haven’t shown glimpses in game of what they are supposed to be capable of.

Thoughts?

The other team tries hard too?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, davi34 said:

I understand that they are still kids getting acclimated to the college game but the freshmen bats are worrying.

There really haven’t shown glimpses in game of what they are supposed to be capable of.

Thoughts?

What were they supposed to be capable of?  Both were two way players in HS which I believe accounted for some of their high ranking. Flores hit like .320 in HS which honestly isn’t that good.  He has hit a homer this year but looks overmatched most of the time.  Thomas looks like a more promising hitter to me. He’s out of place in the field though.  He runs good enough to be in the OF and not look like an OF playing first. 

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

What were they supposed to be capable of?  Both were two way players in HS which I believe accounted for some of their high ranking. Flores hit like .320 in HS which honestly isn’t that good.  He has hit a homer this year but looks overmatched most of the time.  Thomas looks like a more promising hitter to me. He’s out of place in the field though.  He runs good enough to be in the OF and not look like an OF playing first. 

Where you seeing .320 for Flores? From what I see he hit .318 as a junior and .417 as a senior. He had 2 appearances on the mound as a senior.

https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/san-antonio/brandeis-broncos/athletes/jalin-flores/baseball/stats/?careerid=tl8cdoc3182i2

Edited by Hookem2147

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Didn’t realize Daly is at .300 right now. Maybe they need to look at moving him to the 2 hole and moving Campbell down to like 5th. Allows us to still break up the left handed bats at the top and not have O’Dowd or Flores batting 5th.

Then there is no protection for Campbell in the lineup. We do not have the power to leave one of our only potential power bats with no protection 

Then there is no protection for Campbell in the lineup. We do not have the power to leave one of our only potential power bats with no protection 

We need to start wracking up some wins. Right now Campbell best offensive attribute is walking. 1 XBH, 2 RBIs. That is not only not good, it’s a problem.

Daly has experience at the top of the order. Thomas and Flores also are issues right now. Powell never plays enough to know his potential.

We’ve faced a lot of lefties which should benefit the righties.

Our lineup isn’t exactly working so all options should be on the table. Based on their numbers to date, we might be better with Campbell leading off and Kennedy #2.

It’s interesting the hope we latch onto and won’t let go easily. Campbell is a career .239 hitter. Apparently, he’s a slow starter. We need him to produce, but we can’t force it until he starts producing. He’s hitless in our non-Vandy losses.

I’m not sure what you do, but I’m loading my hottest hands at the top of the lineup for now. Then hope to start locking them in as the season progresses. Porter has produced the most, but he’s not exactly lighting it on fire.

53 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

We need to start wracking up some wins. Right now Campbell best offensive attribute is walking. 1 XBH, 2 RBIs. That is not only not good, it’s a problem.

Daly has experience at the top of the order. Thomas and Flores also are issues right now. Powell never plays enough to know his potential.

Our lineup isn’t exactly working so all options should be on the table. Based on their numbers to date, we might be better with Campbell leading off and Kennedy #2.

It’s interesting the hope we latch onto and won’t let go easily. Campbell is a career .239 hitter. Apparently, he’s a slow starter. We need him to produce, but we can’t force it until he starts producing. He’s hitless in our non-Vandy losses.

I’m not sure what you do, but I’m loading my hottest hands at the top of the lineup for now. Then hope to start locking them in as the season progresses. Porter has produced the most, but he’s not exactly lighting it on fire.

I have no issue moving DC but I wouldn’t put him in the 5-8 spots. If you move him I’d rather it be to the 9 spot so he has the protection of the top of the order. But then you’re giving him fewer at bats, but until he produces maybe that’s fine. 

End of the day I don’t think anyone it matters much because there’s just not much in this lineup. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Sucks for Campbell against LSU because he hit the ball well just right at them. 

Sucks for Campbell against LSU because he hit the ball well just right at them. 

If you keep squaring it up, you’ll get plenty of hits. He will produce some, it’s just a matter of when.

I think we’ll hit better as a team. And hopefully the pitching will be good. Last night may have been Gordon’s worst effort in the past two years.

My hope is to make it to the post season and see what happens.