Making Maggiano's Signature Cocktail

2 hours ago, pacman said:

Fair points. I should have mentioned it was for the lady. lol

Do you already have those liquors in your bar? If not, you should be buying cheap bourbon, amaretto and triple sec.

Good liquor is wasted on women. She will never know the difference.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 9 months later...

Look, I love a good glass of Knob Creek 9 year old or Elijah Craig straight. I also sometimes enjoy something a litle easier to drink after dinner, like a Knob Creek Smoked Maple or a Grand Marnier. I also like a properly made Manhattan. Life is all about variety. If you're only drinking straight bourbon because its manly, maybe go out and buy a Hummer. 

I had the Maggiano's cocktail in Philadelphia a few years ago, and it's not a bad drink. I've gotten close at home with 2 oz 100 proof Bourbon, 1 oz Cointreau, and 1/2 oz diSaronno Amaretto. Too much Amaretto will ruin it. Stirred and served over ice with a Luxardo cherry garnish, it comes out at about %33 ABV.  

I just got a 1 liter barrel for Christmas, and I'm planning on trying a barrel aged version. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JoeZeppy412 said:

Look, I love a good glass of Knob Creek 9 year old or Elijah Craig straight. I also sometimes enjoy something a litle easier to drink after dinner, like a Knob Creek Smoked Maple or a Grand Marnier. I also like a properly made Manhattan. Life is all about variety. If you're only drinking straight bourbon because its manly, maybe go out and buy a Hummer. 

I had the Maggiano's cocktail in Philadelphia a few years ago, and it's not a bad drink. I've gotten close at home with 2 oz 100 proof Bourbon, 1 oz Cointreau, and 1/2 oz diSaronno Amaretto. Too much Amaretto will ruin it. Stirred and served over ice with a Luxardo cherry garnish, it comes out at about %33 ABV.  

I just got a 1 liter barrel for Christmas, and I'm planning on trying a barrel aged version. 

I'll stay home and get a hummer from the GF.